Position: Undergrad Internship – Fiduciary Trust: High Net Worth Division
Whether you are a rising college Junior (graduating in 2026) or Senior (graduating in 2025), we understand that securing an internship is an exciting adventure. If you’re eager for new challenges and you value diverse perspectives in a global environment, there’s a place for you at Franklin Templeton this summer.
Summer internships run 8 to 12 weeks and allow you to gain valuable business experience and on-the-job training. You will learn from industry experts, company leaders, and peers to help you develop personally and professionally.
Fiduciary Trust International, the Wealth Management division of Franklin Templeton, is hiring full-time Interns to work in-person in the summer of 2024 from New York City in our midtown office located at 280 Park Avenue.
This summer developmental experience goes far beyond a traditional internship. Our interns meet with senior leaders, participate in collaborative problem solving, and develop a deep understanding of the Wealth Management industry. Interns may be hired to support the following areas of Fiduciary Trust International: Investment Management, Trust Administration, Operations, Relationship Management, Research, Quant, and more!
About Fiduciary Trust International: Founded in 1931 by families for families, with a singular focus on growing and protecting our clients’ wealth through generations. We work closely with individuals, families, and foundations to build and manage personalized investment portfolios, and to develop estate plans that extend wealth to future generations. And, we are part of Franklin Templeton, one of the largest investment firms in the world. That means we can combine a personalized experience with access to sophisticated research and investment solutions.
Learn more about our Wealth Management business by viewing this interactive marketing piece, The Story of Fiduciary Trust International.
We’re seeking individuals from ALL backgrounds who have a passion for building relationships, communicate and collaborate effectively, strive to grow and improve as active learners, and have a strong “why” behind their interest in the asset management industry.
Depending on role, key responsibilities could include:
- Working with Sales managers to support the completion of strategic projects and initiatives within the Sales organization.
- Developing your understanding of our Private Wealth Management (High-Net-Worth) business.
- Supporting Portfolio Managers and Investment Associates with portfolio construction and asset allocation.
- Utilizing quant and data skills (Python, VBA, R) to assist our modeling and quant team.
- Supporting Trust Officers with trust administration and relationship management.
- Gaining access to senior leadership throughout the company during exclusive intern-only learning sessions.
- Opportunities to earn business and financial industry related certifications.
Ideal Qualifications will vary by role, but in general we are seeking students who possess some or all of the following:
- Rising undergraduate Junior or Senior enrolled in an accredited college or university (with an expected graduation date in either 2025 or 2026).
- Degrees: Finance, Economics, Quantitative Finance, Business Admin, Communications, or a related area
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (desired)
- Adaptability with capacity for differentiated thinking
- Commitment to excellence and detail-oriented
- Interest in learning about a career in the wealth management industry
- Certain internships may require advanced Excel, VBA, Python and/or R skills
- Open to diverse perspectives and collaborating with talent from across the company.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without requiring current or future sponsorship.
Ready to make moves? Apply today!
When applying, please be sure to attach your resume. Applications without a resume file attachment will not be reviewed.
Due to the large volume of applications anticipated, we may not be able to personally contact every applicant. If you are interested in applying to more than one Franklin Templeton internship, please apply for other internships that pique your interest.
Compensation Range: This is a full-time internship where students will work approximately 35 hours per week and earn competitive hourly pay of $30 USD per hour (pay rate is dependent on location). There are several factors taken into consideration in making compensation decisions including but not limited to location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
What makes Franklin Templeton unique?
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals.
Franklin Templeton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, or gender expression, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation. We invite you to visit us at Franklin Templeton Careers to learn more about our company, career opportunities and recruitment process.
Franklin Templeton is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment. If you believe that you need an accommodation to search for, or apply for, one of our positions please send an email to accommodations@FranklinTempleton.com . In your email, please include the accommodation you are requesting and the job title and job number you are applying for. It may take up to three business days to receive a response to your request. Please note that only requests for accommodations will receive a response.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.