Website AB CarVal
Technical Business Analyst, Technology
AB CarVal is an established global alternative asset manager focused on distressed and credit-intensive assets and market inefficiencies. Since 1987, our experienced team has navigated through ever-changing credit market cycles, opportunistically investing $142 billion in 5,675 transactions across 82 countries. Today, AB CarVal Investors has approximately $16 billion in assets under management in corporate securities, loan portfolios, structured credit and hard assets.
AB CarVal Investors is dedicated to attracting and retaining the industry’s best people across asset classes and geographies. AB CarVal is committed to diversity and inclusion, valuing the full range of life experiences, skills, and qualities of our employees. We believe peak effectiveness comes from an engaged, talented, and diverse workforce.
The Technical Business Analyst, Technology will report into AB CarVal’s Vice President, Project Management and work alongside our Data, Application Development, Technology Operations and Cloud Engineering teams. The Business Analyst will use Agile processes, particularly Scrum, when working with the Technology teams. The Business Analyst will partner closely with business stakeholders to collect and confirm requirements for Technology requests and contribute to user acceptance testing of functionality. The Business Analyst will manage day to day operations of our Technology workstreams, including fielding requests, writing user stories, monitoring, and updating work tickets in our project management system, Open Project.
Gather and define requirements for Technology requests – 40%
- Partner with technology teams and business stakeholders to collect and confirm requirements for technology requests
- Collaborate with technology team members to break down requests into accomplishable tasks, and create user stories and acceptance tests granular enough for a single 2-week Sprint
- Create process maps for technology projects and requests, where needed, to enhance understanding for stakeholders and technology teams
- Help to define new and enhanced system products and features
- Help to define and drive product requirements and minimal viable product
Manage day to day operations of Technology workstreams – 50%
- Add, monitor and update work tickets in our project management system (Open Project) daily
- Participate in Scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-up meetings, Sprint Reviews, Retrospectives, quarterly planning, demos and other Scrum meetings
- Partner with Agile Product Owner and technology team Scrum Masters to identify, remove and/or escalate risks, roadblocks, and cross team dependencies that are unresolvable by the team and interfere with the team’s ability to deliver commitments
- Contribute to user acceptance testing of functionality
Administration – 10%
- Provide support for additional ad hoc projects within the firm
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 year of product or project management experience
- Exposure to Agile software development methodologies, procedures and events and an understanding of their importance in collaboration
- Ability to understand and relay technical issues to multiple, differing audiences
- Ability to understand impact and alignment of technical efforts to business goals and initiatives
- Ability to grasp business rules and practices and merge that with technical understanding to partner with technology teams and drive value into the business with technical initiatives
- Utilizes integrity to portray direct assessments of circumstances and directly communicate realities with empathy and honesty
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks to deadlines, in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrated ability to learn and understand new ideas and concepts quickly
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Team player – willingness to work collaboratively on a team; Some experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to coordinate work across multiple and competing priorities, and time zones.
- Experience working within and/or exposure to financial services or investments industry
- Experience working with a high touch client/user base
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment
- Familiarity with Open Project, Jira or other Agile tracking software
- Experience with process mapping in Visio, Miro, LucidChart or other software
- Scrum training or certification; project management experience; or real world experience using an Agile framework (i.e. Scrum, Kanban)
- Exemplifies and promotes Agile values and principles
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.