Website Soros Fund Management
Soros Fund Management LLC (SFM) is a family office with approximately $28 billion in net assets under management. The majority of the assets are managed on behalf of the Open Society Foundations (OSF), which was founded by George Soros and is one of the largest charitable foundations in the world. OSF supports civil society groups across the world and promotes justice, human rights, democracy, education, public health, and independent media. SFM has approximately 200 employees and is headquartered in New York with offices in London, Dublin, and Hong Kong. The majority of the assets are managed internally, and SFM can invest globally in a wide range of investment strategies and asset classes, including equities, credit, fixed income, macro, and private equity.
This summer internship will last approximately nine (9) weeks, commencing at the beginning to middle of June 2024, and concluding mid-August 2024. Interns will sit in either our New York or London office and have the opportunity to work on various projects with Portfolio Managers, Research Analysts and/or other senior professionals throughout the firm. The program also includes a variety of additional networking and learning opportunities, including Roundtable sessions with senior leaders at the firm, discussion panels with individuals at other firms across the industry, and the ability to participate in internal and external networking events. Interns can expect to complete the program having learned about SFM’s business and culture, built product/industry related knowledge, and begun to build a professional network.
Reports To: SFM Portfolio Managers
Other Key Relationships: Research Analysts, Human Resources, Finance, Technology, Legal & Compliance
What we look for:
- Pursuing a graduate or undergraduate degree in finance, engineering, mathematics, computer science, or a related field
- Strong quantitative skills
- Interest in financial markets and financial processes
- Ability to multitask and complete projects in a timely manner
- Skilled in Excel
- Experience in building financial models is a plus
- High degree of attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with Bloomberg, SQL Databases, VBA, Python, and R is a plus
In all respects, needs to reflect the following SFM core values:
- Smart risk-taking
- Owner’s Mindset
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.