Website Principal Financial
What You’ll Do
We’re looking for a Summer Analyst/Intern to join our Middle Market Direct Lending platform. In this role, you’ll gain a ton of hands-on experience by being involved in a variety of deals for this newly formed team and be part of meaningful work! You’ll assist in the due diligence, credit underwriting, execution, and portfolio monitoring of private debt investments.
Operating at the intersection of financial services and technology, Principal builds financial tools that help our customers live better lives. We take pride in being a purpose-led firm, motivated by our mission to make financial security accessible to all. Our mission, integrity, and customer focus have made us a trusted leader for more than 140 years!
Principal Asset Management, a subsidiary of Principal Financial group, offers global asset management expertise across a diverse set of traditional and alternative asset classes. Check us out at www.principalam.com!
What You’ll Do
- Evaluate new leveraged buyout transactions and investment opportunities, attend management presentations, review deal terms and credit agreements
- Aid in the development of detailed financial models and sensitivity analyses of borrowers and provide analytical support for investment committee materials
- Work with assigned Underwriter and/or Sr. Underwriter on all transactions
- Provide responses to inquiries from back office, origination, and marketing. Actively monitor portfolio company performance and report concerns related to underwriter/senior underwriter
- Participate in key areas of due diligence, including business and quantitative analysis as well as industry and competitive research
Who You Are
- Currently pursing a bachelor’s degree in a technical field (i.e. finance, accounting, economics, statistics, business analytics)
- GPA of 3.5 or above
- Knowledge of financial markets and fixed income strategies, including general knowledge of bond mechanics and pricing calculations
- Experience or internships in investment banking, leveraged finance, private debt or equity, and/or related transactional experience
- Ability to construct financial models such as three statement financial models and Leveraged Buyout models
Skills That Will Help You Stand Out
- Progress toward CFA
- Involved on campus or within the community including leadership
- Collaborative, able to build and maintain strong relationships, manage expectations, attend to details, multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
Our Internship Culture
Join an established program that provides hands-on experiences for 200+ interns each year! You’ll learn new skills with dedicated teams and mentors, build your professional network and collaborate across a global Fortune 500 company. We care about offering you diverse experiences and exciting challenges that push you to reach for bigger life goals, all while enjoying our flexibility and work life balance. Join us for events such as our Executive Speaker Series, gain career direction, and much more! https://www.principal.com/about-us/careers/internships
Salary Range Information
Salary ranges below reflect targeted base salaries. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation for all roles will be based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Salary Range (Non-Exempt expressed as hourly; Exempt expressed as yearly)$29 – $50 / hour Additional Information
Investment Code of Ethics
At Principal, we value connecting on both a personal and professional level. Together, we’re imagining a more purpose-led future for financial services – and that starts with you. Our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our interns.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
We will be accepting applications for at least 3 days from when the job was originally posted, after which we may keep open or remove the posting based upon applications we receive. Please submit applications in a timely manner as there is no guarantee the posting will be available beyond 3 days of the original posting date.
Original Posting Date 9/7/2023
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.