Job Title: Summer 2024 Intern: Sector Coverage and Lending
Experience Level: Entry-level
Location: New York, N.Y.
Status: Full-time; Paid (Seasonal)
Start Date: June 2024 (10 Week Summer Internship)
Ranked #8 on LinkedIn Top Companies in Financial Services and named to Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in NYC
In the Americas, ING’s Wholesale Banking division offers a broad range of innovative financial products and services to domestic and international corporate and institutional clients.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly, and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home? We’d love to hear from you.
About the position:
Looking to enhance your future career prospects with an internship in financial services? If you’re curious about a career in finance or banking and would like to gain more professional experience, an ING internship is your opportunity. The internship gives you a “hands-on” experience in a global financial institution.
Why you might want to consider a summer job at ING:
With us, you will have the ability to work alongside senior bankers and have the chance to contribute towards projects and assignments that will expose you to industry expertise. You will research, collect, and analyze data for various initiatives and increase your knowledge and skills to better prepare you for your career. Summer interns work on current, real-world projects and initiatives with their teams.
This posting is focused on positions in Lending & Sector Coverage
- Lending – offers competitive Lending solutions that help customers achieve their ambitions from approximately 40 offices in EMEA, Asia and Americas. Lending solutions are deployed across all business segments of Wholesale Banking. Lending transactions can be initiated by the Lending and Sector teams. Lending consists of:
- Structured Export Finance
- Sustainable Finance
- Asset Based Lending
- Portfolio Management & Analytics
- Transaction Services
- Sector Coverage – focuses on a differentiating client experience through specialized sector knowledge both within and across the different sectors. We combine deep sector knowledge with our multi- product platform to service our client needs in originating, coordinating, and executing integrated financial solutions. Innovation and sustainability are an integral part of our daily business activities. The sectors business lines consist of:
- Financial Institutions
- Energy (Midstream/Downstream and Renewables and Power)
- Real Estate Finance and Infrastructure
- Commodities, Food & Agriculture
- Technology, Media, Telecom & Healthcare
- Corporate Sector Coverage
Main Duties and Responsibilities of Roles for Each Business Division: Sectors & Lending – assist Sectors and Lending professionals with:
- Work as part of deal teams in origination and execution:
- Perform credit risk analysis and prepare credit approval packages
- Prepare and/or present transaction proposals
- Create and update financial models and analyze results
- Coordinate transaction closing
- Assist in client relationships & portfolio management:
- Prepare annual credit reviews and periodic portfolio reviews
- Process loan modification/amendment requests
- Review ongoing reporting deliverables and track covenant compliance
- Liaise with other product specialists and departments throughout ING, including risk management, syndications, loan operations, financial markets, and KYC desk
- Stay well-informed of trends in the industry and the position of competitors
- Prepare ad-hoc/general research assignments
- Ensure that clients receive an excellent level of service
Profile (What we’re looking for)
Undergraduate college student, graduating in 2025 (preferred) in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, economics, mathematics, engineering, or related field, with GPA of 3.3 or higher. Graduate students are also considered for certain roles.
Liberal arts majors interested in careers in finance and banking are welcome to apply.
Experience / Knowledge:
- Prior internship and/or relevant financial experience preferred
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Teams, PowerPoint, and especially Excel)
- Financial modelling and credit writing exposure is helpful
- VBA and/or programming skill are a plus
- You are an upbeat and highly focused individual
- High level of performance motivation, and eagerness to learn
- Strong multi-tasking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility and stress resilience, ability to work under deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to express ideas in a persuasive, organized, and articulate manner.
The salary for this role is $35/hour with the potential for overtime.
ING is a committed equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. We celebrate these differences and rely upon your unique perspective to innovate and seize new opportunities. Come as you are.
ING Bank does not have a commercial banking license in the U.S. and therefore not permitted to conduct a commercial banking business in the U.S. Through its wholly owned subsidiary ING Financial Services LLC, and its affiliates, it offers a full array of wholesale products such as commercial lending and a full range of FM products and service
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.