Job Title: ING Americas – Tech Internship Program
Experience Level: Entry-level
Location: New York, NY (must be located in New York or willing to relocate for the summer)
Status: Full-time; Paid (Seasonal)
Start Date: June 2024 (10 Week Summer Internship)
Ranked #8 on LinkedIn Top Companies in Financial Services and Crain’s Best Places to Work in New York 2022
In the Americas, ING’s Wholesale Banking division offers a broad range of innovative financial products and services to domestic and international corporate and institutional clients.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly, and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home? We’d love to hear from you.
Department and Role Overview:
ING Americas Tech is the support backbone and catalyst for new and innovative solutions that drive growth for both internal and external customers. We strive to bring technical expertise and business knowledge together to support a wide range of products within media and telecoms (TMT), utilities power and renewables, natural resources, food and agribusiness, real estate and infrastructure, with financial product specialists in industry lending, corporate finance, debt capital, commodity and export financing, sustainable finance and much more.
We are interested in dynamic and eager interns for the following 4 departments within ING New York Technology Departments:
End User Services
A Desktop Engineer at the ING Tech Americas’ Service Desk will provide knowledge and implement the strategy on rolling out new technologies to end users for a secure and reliable computing platform to “Do Your Thing.” Through collaboration between Business Product Owners and Workplace Services, a Desktop Engineer will strategize with the IT Area Lead for project implementations. Along with projects, a Desktop Engineer will assist with resolving local service calls through the Service Desk.
The team’s goal is to reduce incidents/requests to the Service Desk through promoting IT knowledge to end users so that incidents can be proactively resolved through education. The intern will also support the Service Desk with incident management reports and project management.
- Must be local resident, as in-office work is required.
- Strong skillset is required in Microsoft Windows platform (Windows 10, Office365).
- Strong troubleshooting skills in both simple and complex problems, critical thinking skills
You will work in the dynamic and challenging environment of ING Americas Wholesale Tech. The Wholesale market is rapidly going through a process of digitization, adopting new Wholesale markets specific technologies. You will work with new / emerging technologies, market trends, innovations and opportunities while also implementing and contributing to global offerings. You will work with internal and external resources to implement new technology to improve efficiency for our business.
- Have a strong passion in new technology and innovation
- Background or interest in development and automation technology (python, java, RPA)
- Background or interest in Web design.
- Experience with automation technology (PowerAutomate and Automation Anywhere), Microsoft Power Platform (PowerApps, PowerBI, PowerAutomate, and hands-on experience in Python, pytest and pytest-bdd is a plus
Stream Aligned Teams
The Stream Aligned Team is a group of feature engineers and DevOps engineers who do both development and operational support of our systems. They support multiple business lines (Structured Lending, Capital Markets and Advisory, Treasury, Financial Markets) and is responsible for over 100 applications which are local, central (Netherlands) and vendor based. Team members work closely with the Innovation team, Platform team and IT security and controls team to provide an end-to-end front-to-finance IT support. We fully subscribe to the agile way of working and together with Product Owners and other stakeholders deliver incremental business value every 2-week sprint. The team is well versed with multiple development technologies and tools and has an ‘engineering mindset’ to solve business challenges and is a driver for business growth in terms of introducing new products and features to our application landscape.
- Work with feature engineers to understand ING product offerings and platforms used to process data end-to-end. This provides a holistic view of the ING business models and is a foundational requirement for developing new revenue and growth opportunities.
- Work with devrisk engineers to understand and document the IT risk pillars and artifacts and assist with IT security analysis.
- Participate in agile ceremonies and help the team with reviews, trend analysis and metrics.
- Qualifications and Competencies:
- Microsoft Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Word proficient
- Demonstrates proficiency in writing skills – understandable and easy to read feature documentation.
- Eagerness to learn and work with colleagues with diverse backgrounds and expertise.
With emerging cybersecurity threats to the confidentiality, integrity & availability of data our mission is to identify and implement safeguards to protect ING’s data.
Our team’s roadmap to a secure, resilient, and compliant bank is having a well-rounded Information Security Program that has continuous governance, risk management and compliance monitoring as key ingredients. In this key role you will help us bring visibility to the emerging risk aiding in our response time and resulting in quick offensive protection.
Competencies and Criteria for the roles:
- Must be hardworking and detail oriented.
- Have strong multi-tasking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be in pursuit of a Computer Science (or related) degree.
- Have a strong technical passion.
- Have a mindset of delivering outstanding customer service, with a genuine commitment to quality and customer satisfaction.
- Have strong communication skills proven by effective interaction with users, team members and vendors.
- Power BI would be a plus.
- Prior Cyber Security/Information Security a plus
- Project experience a plus
The salary for this role is $30/hour with the potential for overtime.
ING is a committed equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. We celebrate these differences and rely upon your unique perspective to innovate and seize new opportunities. Come as you are.
ING Bank does not have a commercial banking license in the U.S. and therefore not permitted to conduct a commercial banking business in the U.S. Through its wholly owned subsidiary ING Financial Services LLC, and its affiliates, it offers a full array of wholesale products such as commercial lending and a full range of FM products and services
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.