Ranked #8 on LinkedIn Top Companies in Financial Services and named to Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in NYC
Financial Markets Internship
About the position:
Looking to enhance your future career prospects with an internship in financial services? If you’re curious about a career in finance or banking and would like to gain more professional experience, an ING internship is your opportunity. The internship gives you a “hands-on” experience in a global financial institution.
Why you might want to consider a summer job at ING:
With us, you will have the ability to work alongside senior bankers and have the chance to contribute towards projects and assignments that will expose you to industry expertise. You will research, collect, and analyze data for various initiatives and increase your knowledge and skills to better prepare you for your career. Summer interns work on current, real-world projects and initiatives with their teams.
- Interest Rates
- Foreign Exchange
- Equity Total Return Swaps
- Equity Lending & Repo
- Fixed Income Repo
Main Duties and Responsibilities of Roles for Each Business Division:
Financial Markets – expect to be exposed multiple sales and trading desks.
- Financial Markets – provides client solutions with trading and sales of financial markets products in global markets.
- Assist senior traders and salespeople with administrative work related to deals and transactions.
- Conduct research and provide project assistance to other FM professionals.
- Prepare credit analysis and written reports for transactions.
- Perform due diligence and prepare and revise presentation materials.
Profile (What we’re looking for)
Undergraduate college student, graduating in 2025 in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, economics, mathematics, engineering, or related field, with GPA of 3.3 or higher. Graduate students are also considered for certain roles.
Experience / Knowledge:
- Prior internship and/or relevant financial experience preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Teams, PowerPoint, and especially Excel)
- Financial modelling and credit writing exposure is helpful.
- VBA and/or programming skill are a plus.
- You are an upbeat and highly focused individual
- High level of performance motivation, and eagerness to learn
- Strong multi-tasking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility and stress resilience, ability to work under deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to express ideas in a persuasive, organized, and articulate manner
The salary for this role is $35/hour with the potential for overtime.ING is a committed equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. We celebrate these differences and rely upon your unique perspective to innovate and seize new opportunities. Come as you are.ING Bank does not have a commercial banking license in the U.S. and therefore not permitted to conduct a commercial banking business in the U.S. Through its wholly owned subsidiary ING Financial Services LLC, and its affiliates, it offers a full array of wholesale products such as commercial lending and a full range of FM products and services
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.