Website Van Eck Associates Corporation
Position: Quantitative Summer Intern
Legal Entity: Van Eck Associates Corporation
Business Unit(s): Quantitative Solutions Group (QSG)
Location: New York
Reporting to: Quantitative Associate
FLSA Status (US Staff only): Non-Exempt Full Time Summer
VanEck is a privately held global asset management firm founded in 1955. We develop forward-looking, intelligently designed, active and ETF strategies that strengthen long-term portfolios. We will provide qualified individuals with outstanding education and growth opportunities. If you are a high-energy individual with a strong work ethic, excellent team skills, and outstanding communication skills, we would like to speak with you.
VanEck’s Summer Intern Program includes exposure across the firm through educational, mentorship, and networking events. As an Intern, you will also be exposed to the firm’s senior management, gain an understanding of the financial services industry and learn critical business skills. Our internship program will build more than just your resume — it will challenge your knowledge, build your network and drive your career path. Our program spans 10 weeks and typically runs from June 3 – August 9. If you are looking to gain valuable hands-on experience while working with talented individuals, apply now!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
• Evaluating the quantitative strategies and their limitations for portfolio modelling, trading and risk management.
• Responsible for the development, preparation, analysis and review of standard and ad hoc portfolio and investment reports
• Understanding of crypto/equity/fixed income valuation, factor modeling, thematic investing, portfolio construction techniques, optimization and risk management
• Responsible for providing thought leadership in the existing Portfolio solutions and providing a simple and elegant problem-solving skill.
• Interested in exploring research activities and systematic trading strategies for multiple asset classes
• Good programming skills (Python, R, Excel, SQL) preferred
• Machine learning algorithms and trading strategies with robust back testing experience is a plus
• Strong academic background in quantitative finance
• Strong communication skills: ability to express ideas clearly both orally and in writing
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. 2
• Highly motivated, entrepreneurial, detail oriented and inquisitive
Education and/or Experience
• Pursuing a Master’s degree in quantitative finance
• Some experience within a corporate environment is helpful but not required.
To perform successfully and gain the most from this internship, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Capacity for learning new procedures/ideas
• Motivated with a sense of initiative. Despite being supervised, candidate should have the ability to complete assigned tasks with less to no supervision.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• The maximum hourly rate for this position is $32 an hour.
VanEck is committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and to providing equal opportunity in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws. VanEck does not and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, ancestry, color, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, covered-veteran or military status, genetic information, and/or any other factor protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.