Website CME Group
Do you like breaking things? Or have a strong desire to find out why something doesn’t work? If so, QA might be for you!
As a QA Intern, you play a key role in accelerating the delivery and enhancing the quality of CME products. You will focus on understanding business requirements thoroughly and use various technical tools to validate software applications before they are released to production. Working closely with software engineers, business analysts, systems engineers, database engineers and fellow QA team members you will be an important part of a “test engineering” team. The QA role requires a highly technical proficiency that allows you to put your curiosity, problem solving and critical thinking skills to work. You will create and execute real world scenarios and dig in and troubleshoot those that do not meet expected outcomes. Being detail oriented nothing is left to chance or too small to evaluate.
CME emphasizes the importance of test engineering capabilities. You can expect to work on high performing agile teams delivering innovative testing solutions while utilizing many of the quickly evolving software test tools and methodologies. For someone who wants to learn and grow key skills as a well-rounded engineer, this is a great opportunity to become familiar with CME’s products and platforms and play an active role in a very diverse and rapidly expanding technology base and make an impact on teams delivering key features to our customers.
- Understand requirements and create manual and/or automated test cases to validate them
- Execute test cases with minimal supervision
- Analyze and verify actual test results against expected test results
- Troubleshoot test and environment failures to get to root cause
- Create and maintain test documentation
- Write detailed technical defect reports that are clear and easy to understand
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- Passion for learning
- Detail oriented
- Excited to solve problems
- Ability to work with others at varying levels of technical understanding
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Unix/Linux
Bonus Qualifications – Experience with any of the following:
- Automation tools: TestNG, Cucumber, Selenium
- IDE: Eclipse, IntelliJ
- Relational databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
- Data analytics tools: R, MATLab, PowerBI, Tableau
- Object Oriented Programming languages: Java, C++, Ruby
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more.
At CME Group, we embrace our employees’ diverse experiences, cultures and skills, and work to ensure that everyone’s perspectives are acknowledged and valued. As an equal opportunity employer, we recognize the importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and consider all potential employees without regard to any protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.