Website Magnetar Capital
As an Operational Strategy Associate, you will be responsible for implementing strategic initiatives across various groups within the firm. The successful candidate will apply a quantitative and tactical mindset, while learning about Magnetar’s business from a cross-functional perspective. In this role, you will build deep expertise in Magnetar’s products and back office processes, while developing leadership skills and strategic thinking abilities.
- Gather and analyze information across multiple data sources in order to arrive at actionable recommendations for new and existing businesses
- Report, monitor, analyze, and reconcile data for new and existing businesses
- Construct detailed financial models (e.g., restructuring of existing funds, business analysis, etc.)
- Form, prepare and communicate recommendations for contemplated initiatives
- Assist in the execution of business initiatives, driving projects to completion
- 2-7 years of work experience as a consultant in the financial industry
- GPA of 3.4 or higher from an accredited undergraduate college or university
- Proficiency in excel; financial modeling experience is a plus
- Strong PowerPoint skills
- High level of intelligence, internal drive, intellectual inquisitiveness and analytical ability
- Optimistic attitude with willingness to contribute however and wherever possible or required
- Seeks out an environment with the potential to rapidly assume additional challenges and responsibilities
- Ability to work both independently and in multi-disciplinary teams toward specific objectives
- Demonstrate ability to deal with high pressure situations, seek out solutions and work with others to resolve problems in a timely and effective manner
- Exercise a high level of discretion, motivation and independent judgment
Magnetar Capital is a leading, global alternative asset manager with over $12.5B AUM as of December 31, 2022. Grounded in nearly two decades of investing experience, we focus on delivering positive outcomes for our investors by seeking to generate consistent performance across a variety of market conditions through our core businesses: Alternative Credit and Fixed Income, Energy and Infrastructure, Healthcare and Systematic Investing. We are based in Evanston, IL with additional offices in New York, London and Houston.
Magnetar employees are among the best in the business at what they do. We attract highly skilled, dedicated professionals who enjoy collaborating and implementing innovative ideas. Our employees have an intense level of intellectual curiosity, a profound passion for our work and care deeply about delivering results for the firm and for each other. We work hard to foster an inclusive and welcoming environment where employees are empowered to thrive.
We are purposeful about investing in our employee’s health, well-being and firm culture. When you work at Magnetar, you will receive premier health care benefits, eligibility to enroll in a 401(K) savings program with employer match, unlimited PTO, lunch onsite, access to mental and physical wellness programs, the opportunity to participate in employee affinity groups with curated programming and networking events, and much more.
For further information, visit our website.
California Privacy Notice:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.