Website AB CarVal
AB CarVal is an established global alternative investment manager focused on distressed and credit-intensive assets and market inefficiencies. Since 1987, AB CarVal’s team has navigated through ever-changing credit market cycles, opportunistically investing $139 billion in 5,660 transactions across 82 countries. Today, AB CarVal has approximately $15 billion* in assets under management in corporate securities, loan portfolios, structured credit and hard assets.
AB CarVal Investors is dedicated to attracting and retaining the industry’s best people across asset classes and geographies. AB CarVal is committed to diversity and inclusion, valuing the full range of life experiences, skills and qualities of our employees. We believe peak effectiveness comes from an engaged, talented, and diverse workforce.
This position will report to the Director of Investor Accounting but will also require close working relationships with fund accounting, financial reporting and investment operations.
Investor Accounting and Reporting
- Oversee the investor accounting and fund accounting monthly close processes for the CarVal funds, which includes close collaboration with the funds’ administrator.
- Ability to assist with the annual audit process covering both investor accounting and financial reporting activities.
- Perform and ensure accuracy of management and performance fee calculations.
- Perform capital call and distribution allocations by investor.
- Responsible for the review and accuracy of monthly, quarterly and annual investor deliverables.
- Work closely with CarVal functional areas to understand activities and ensure the integrity of the accounting results and allocations.
- Review, understand and ensure compliance with the Fund’s agreements and side letters.
- Prepare and/or review ad-hoc reporting deliverables requested by senior management.
- Review, understand and ensure compliance with the Fund’s Limited Partnership Agreements (LPA) and side letters.
- Assist periodically in other aspects of the Fund Operations group, which may include investor requests, investor accounting, fund structuring and other cash or operational activities.
- 2+ years of accounting/financial industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Demonstrated initiative in communicating issues and interacting with multiple functions
- Strong commitment to internal controls
- Ability to understand complex investment/fund structures, including the ability to translate the corresponding accounting and financial reporting implications
- Natural curiosity and strong initiative to learn: Continuously evolving business environment; individual must be flexible in solutions and related approach
- Ability to handle and follow through on multiple demands and priorities
- Strong attention to detail, but also an equal ability to understand broad perspectives
- Strong sense of urgency & ability to meet deadlines
- Exposure to Investments strategies (e.g. funds or general investment activities)
- Basic knowledge/exposure to investor/fund accounting
- Strong technical accounting skills
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.