Website CME Group
The Market Regulation Department of CME Group is responsible, in part, for satisfying statutory and regulatory provisions associated with operating designated contract markets. Market Regulation Trade Practice Investigators preserve the welfare and dignity of the CME Group exchange by safeguarding its markets from abuse. To ensure compliance with CME Group exchange rules, Investigators use proprietary trade practice surveillance tools and other resources at their disposal to monitor CME Group markets for evidence of abusive, disruptive, or illegal activity; to detect and prevent manipulative behaviors; and to conduct trade practice investigations. Investigators begin their careers by undergoing extensive training and working closely with their more experienced colleagues to develop the skills necessary to conduct high-quality investigations with minimal supervision.
The Market Regulation Department takes enormous pride in fostering robust, reliable markets that are free from abusive activity. Being part of our team provides every Trade Practice Investigator an opportunity to do meaningful, fulfilling, and collaborative work preserving the integrity of CME Group markets.
What You Need:
- To excel in this role, Trade Practice Investigators must have or develop a sound understanding of market fundamentals and trade practices, investigation and surveillance techniques, and CME Group exchange rules and regulations.
- Because the role is highly analytical, Investigators must be facile working with large datasets, analytical tools, and basic statistical modeling.
- Investigators must produce a variety of well written reports, memoranda, and discovery (e.g., interrogatories, information requests, etc.), so the role also requires strong writing skills.
- As part of the discovery process, Investigators often conduct recorded interviews of subjects and witnesses, which require strong oral communication skills.
- Finally, Investigators simultaneously manage multiple tasks related to their program, complaint, research, and case assignments. This requires strong organizational and planning skills and a high degree of initiative to ensure timely completion of assignments.
What You Get:
- Exposure to a superior array of products and a best-in-class regulatory department.
- A corporate culture that promotes professional development and career advancement.
- The ability to impact the markets directly by keeping them open, fair, and transparent.
- The opportunity to collaborate within functional areas and across departments.
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
What You Do:
- To ensure compliance with CME Group exchange rules, Market Regulation Trade Practice Investigators:
- Perform timely program reviews to detect potential trade practice rule violations, such as spoofing and other types of disruptive trading activity, washing and other types of prohibited prearranged trading activity, acting on non-public order information and/or violating the priority of customer orders, and failing to comply with reporting and/or recordkeeping requirements.
- Evaluate complaints from market participants and conduct independent research, both ad hoc and structured, for evidence of potential rule violations.
- Conduct comprehensive investigations (i.e., cases) into the potential trade practice rule violations identified through program, complaint, and research reviews.
- Take recorded statements from the subjects of and witnesses for the investigations.
- Communicate the results of analyses and recommend the appropriate disposition to Investigations management.
- Produce concise, but thoroughly grounded, argumentative reports for a select audience, including Investigations management and Enforcement counsel as appropriate.
To be considered, candidates must have:
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year, accredited institution; advanced or professional degrees a plus.
- One – three years direct work experience at an exchange, regulatory organization, or Futures Commission Merchant preferred
- Open to recent, high-performing college graduates with relevant or transferrable skills and experiences.
- Experience working with large data sets.
- Strong to exceptional analytical, quantitative, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment.
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Word and MS Excel; Python, R, Data Visualization a plus.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more.
At CME Group, we embrace our employees’ diverse experiences, cultures and skills, and work to ensure that everyone’s perspectives are acknowledged and valued. As an equal opportunity employer, we recognize the importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and consider all potential employees without regard to any protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.