Website Hilltop Holdings
Professional Development Objectives:Experience on a full service trading desk – this individual will learn about products traded including corporate bonds, CD’s, agencies, treasuries. This individual will also work on the taxable fixed income trading desk with Traders.
Our Summer 2024 Internship Program is an in-person experience lasting from May 20, 2024, to July 26, 2024, with opportunities located in downtown Dallas at our HTS Tower location and throughout the country at various branch locations.
Pay Range: $20/hour
- Experience on a full-service sales and trading desk – this individual will learn about products traded including treasury, agency, corporate, municipal, and mortgage-backed bonds. This person will also work on the taxable fixed income trading desk with Traders and Assistants on various projects using Bloomberg, Excel, and firm platforms.
- Work directly with Traders and Sales team
- Learn desk technique and strategy
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Rising Senior pursuing business, finance, economics, or related field is preferred
- Some experience (0 – 1 year) is preferred but not required
- Computer hardware, operating system (Windows or Mac), and software/application (MS Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook etc.) skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills
- Proven self-starter who can initiate tasks and follow up to completion
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Desire to learn about career opportunities in the financial services industry
- Candidate MUST have authorization to work for any employer in the US without requiring sponsorship, whether in student status or not
About the Company
At HilltopSecurities, we believe in building noble and collaborative relationships that enrich the financial future of individuals, businesses and communities. With an extensive portfolio of products, we deliver a broad range of investment banking and related financial services that help our clients achieve their definition of success.
As a subsidiary of HilltopHoldings, which also encompasses PlainsCapital Bank and PrimeLending, we have the financial strength and stability that has withstood the test of time. Our nationwide presence in 400 locations across 44 states provides our associates with extensive opportunities to grow their careers in a diverse organization that truly values relationship capital above all else.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.