Website Van Eck Associates Corporation
Position: ETF Muni Summer Intern
Legal Entity: VanEck Associates Corporation
Business Unit(s): Investment Management
Location: New York
Department: ETF Muni
Reporting to: Portfolio Manager/Strategist
FLSA Status (US Staff only): Non-Exempt Full Time Summer
VanEck is a privately held global asset management firm founded in 1955. We develop forward-looking, intelligently designed, active and ETF strategies that strengthen long-term portfolios. We will provide qualified individuals with outstanding education and growth opportunities. If you are a high-energy individual with a strong work ethic, excellent team skills, and outstanding communication skills, we would like to speak with you.
VanEck’s Summer Intern Program includes exposure across the firm through educational, mentorship, and networking events. As an Intern, you will also be exposed to the firm’s senior management, gain an understanding of the financial services industry and learn critical business skills. Our internship program will build more than just your resume — it will challenge your knowledge, build your network and drive your career path. Our program spans 10 weeks and typically runs from June 3 – August 9. If you are looking to gain valuable hands-on experience while working with talented individuals, apply now!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
• Rapid immersion into the $4 trillion municipal marketplace, municipal finance, and ETFs to support the Muni Team projects.
• Design templates for analysis and comparison for various characteristics of the market
• Evaluate pricing issues in the municipal market and their influence on our ETFs •
Measure the impact of low liquidity in the municipal market
• An interest in the public sector, government, or infrastructure funding.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• A working knowledge of Internet and Microsoft Office Suite, a minimum of intermediate excel skills required, advanced excel skills a plus.
• Roll up your sleeve work ethic.
Education and/or Experience
• Currently entering junior level (3rd year) or beyond within a 4-year college program.
• Some experience within a corporate environment is helpful but not required.
To perform successfully and gain the most from this internship, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Professional demeanor
• Capacity for learning new procedures/ideas
• Strong executive functioning skills and ability to work independently on large projects with support
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• The maximum hourly rate for this position is $25 an hour
VanEck is committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and to providing equal opportunity in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws. VanEck does not and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, ancestry, color, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, covered-veteran or military status, genetic information, and/or any other factor protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.