Website Van Eck Associates Corporation
Position: ETF Capital Markets Summer Intern
Legal Entity: VEAC
Business Unit(s): ETF & Sales
Location: New York, NY
Department: Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) Capital Markets and ETF Sales
Reporting to: Head of ETF Capital Markets
FLSA Status (US Staff only): Non-Exempt Full Time Summer
VanEck is a privately held global asset management firm founded in 1955. We develop forwardlooking, intelligently designed, active and ETF strategies that strengthen long-term portfolios. We will provide qualified individuals with outstanding education and growth opportunities. If you are a high-energy individual with a strong work ethic, excellent team skills, and outstanding communication skills, we would like to speak with you.
VanEck’s Summer Intern Program includes exposure across the firm through educational, mentorship, and networking events. As an Intern, you will also be exposed to the firm’s senior management, gain an understanding of the financial services industry and learn critical business skills. Our internship program will build more than just your resume — it will challenge your knowledge, build your network and drive your career path. Our program spans 10 weeks and runs from June 3 – August 9.
The ETF Capital Markets team is based in New York office, and works closely with portfolio managers, trading, marketing, compliance and sales. This position will provide exposure to the entire ETF team and as a result, a primer to VanEck. If you are looking to gain valuable hands-on experience while working with talented individuals, apply now!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide timely assistance on requests from market participants trading VE ETFs including but not limited to the facilitation of primary market trading activity.
• Analyze primary and secondary market trading to manage the quality of the VE ETF markets and trading valuations.
• Provide insight to internal and external partners on the trading, valuations, and market quality of VE ETFs.
• Assist with various Capital Markets Team’s initiatives.
• Prepare periodic client reports regarding specific macro events, trade ideas, product, etc. for internal and external distribution.
• Strong financial analysis skills with a passion/interest for equity and fixed income markets.
• Ability to multi-task and work effectively with various teams within the organization.
• Resourceful, proactive and be able to prioritize and navigate in a fast-paced team oriented environment.
• Knowledge and/or interest in furthering one’s knowledge of the ETF ecosystem.
• Highly motivated person with high ethical standards. • Skillful in working with Excel (VBA or advanced excel modeling), PowerPoint and Word.
• Written skills along with interpersonal and communication skills.
Education and/or Experience
• Currently entering junior level (3rd year) or later with a BA / BS in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering or similar field.
• Some experience within a corporate environment is helpful but not required.
To perform successfully and gain the most from this internship, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Professional demeanor
• Capacity for learning new procedures/ideas
• Motivation • Enthusiasm Language Skills
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• The maximum hourly rate for this position is $25 an hour
VanEck is committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and to providing equal opportunity in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws. VanEck does not and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, ancestry, color, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, covered-veteran or military status, genetic information, and/or any other factor protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.