Website Shorenstein Realty Services
The ESG Coordinator position is responsible for reporting, system maintenance, administration, and support for the ESG Program for all Shorenstein Realty Services (SRS) offices and managed assets consistent with company strategy and goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
ENERGY STAR Benchmarking and Environmental Performance Reporting
- Support the ESG Program Manager in fulfilling corporate ENERGY STAR benchmarking and Environmental Performance Reporting objectives.
- Provide technical support to Property Management staff as related to accurate and timely filing of State and Local Disclosure Requirements for all subject buildings.
- Provide technical support to Property Management staff to ensure accurate and timely ENERGY STAR updates. Validate Property Profile data as well as energy, water, waste, and greenhouse gas emissions data. Process and generate ENERGY STAR system reports and assist with data analysis.
- Deliver ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager training to new Property Management staff. Recommend and implement updates to ENERGY STAR training program.
- Provide Enterprise Helpdesk support to ENERGY STAR users at the properties.
- Complete periodic audits of the ENERGY STAR system including user accounts, property profile access rights, property profile data, and energy, water, and waste meter and submeter data.
- Work effectively with external contractors to configure and maintain ENERGY STAR Utility Data Automation service.
- Maintain ENERGY STAR system and support roll-out of system updates.
- Assist with acquisition and disposition tasks.
LEED Existing Buildings Program
- Complete LEED project tasks accurately and on time for all LEED properties according to project plans.
- Support the ESG Program Manager with the development and delivery of LEED training for Property Management staff. Recommend and implement approved training program updates.
- Assist Property Management staff and ESG Program Manager with LEED data collection. Complete LEED project tasks as needed for initial certification and recertification.
- Coordinate LEED certification submittal to USGBC and promote certification status via plaque/decal installation, press releases, tenant announcements, and other communications.
- Answer questions and provide information to external contractors, Property Management staff, and USGBC staff to ensure timely, efficient, and accurate completion of LEED tasks.
- Maintain LEED credential records for Shorenstein employees. Answer questions and provide technical support to LEED Green Associate credential candidates.
- Support the ESG Program Manager with utility management objectives including:
- Efficiency Project status tracking including project approval, implementation, completion, rebate savings, and measurement and verification.
- Energy benchmarking and analysis.
- Water benchmarking and analysis.
- Assist with research and evaluation of new technologies and develop recommendations.
- Establish baseline consumption for tenants as they are submetered, monitor and track energy use modifications, and assist Property Managers with identifying energy-saving strategies for submetered tenants.
- Assist the ESG Program Manager with the production of annual corporate ESG report by developing quantitative and qualitative report content, including text, charts, graphs and images.
- Assist with annual GRESB reporting tasks and GRESB results evaluation tasks.
- Support public relations objectives by drafting internal and external ESG communications.
- Maintain current knowledge and expertise regarding ESG trends & legislation as they affect commercial real estate.
ESG Communications and Training
- Support the ESG Program Manager with developing case studies.
- Support development and maintenance of clear and consistent ESG program documentation, including policies and procedures.
- Maintain the SHWEB ESG site and PM&C Library with current and accurate content.
- Support Flip the Switch tenant engagement program, including development and delivery of outreach campaigns, website content, Green Scorecards and other printed and electronic materials.
- Assist with the design, maintenance and delivery of ESG training for new Property Management and Construction employees, as well as training for new employees of other departments as needed.
- Support employee engagement activities and events.
- Provide support to PM&C Operations team on various Property Management projects and tasks.
- Actively participate in industry ESG organizations and initiatives. Support Shorenstein participation in industry programs such as the U.S. Green Building Council, ENERGY STAR, Better Buildings Challenge, and various local ESG initiatives.
- Provide excellent customer service to both external and internal customers by:
- Building positive relationships with customers.
- Taking initiative to identify customer needs and provide service that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Communicating effectively in person as well as via telephone and email.
- Resolving difficult situations through the use of effective problem-solving skills.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of ESG-related initiatives, policies and procedures as evidenced by a minimum of 1 year of experience, preferably as it applies to commercial real estate.
- Working knowledge of ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of LEED Existing Building ratings system and Health & Wellness certification systems, such as WELL HSR or Fitwel.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities to conclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to changing and sometimes ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrates sound and accurate judgment.
- Demonstrated ability for accuracy and thoroughness in work and strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to hold self accountable in meeting deadlines and commitments.
- Demonstrated ability to view every action and decision in terms of client impact and to understand and anticipate client needs.
- Demonstrated ability to find, access, evaluate and use information.
- Demonstrated ability to gather, maintain, analyze and verify the accuracy of data.
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, contracts, or governmental regulations; to abstract information appropriate to SRS operations and apply to policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to write business correspondence and manuals for multiple audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present information orally and in writing and to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with and provide subject matter expertise to external consultants.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen effectively and to select and use appropriate communication methods.
- Demonstrated ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables. Demonstrated ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint.)
- Demonstrated ability to choose among alternatives when completing work. Work is periodically reviewed by management at key intervals for advice/guidance prior to completion.
Non-Essential Skills & Qualifications: (All below preferred, but not required)
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Environmental Studies, Real Estate, Business, Engineering, or a related field from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in developing and implementing ESG-related programs and initiatives, preferably for commercial real estate.
- Applied experience using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- LEED Green Associate preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time on the job.
- $67,400 – $87,000 (Salary range is consistent with what the business reasonably expects to pay a new hire. Actual pay is subject to a number of factors, including geography, experience, education, etc., and is subject to change).
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.