Website Trillium Trading
Trillium is a leading proprietary trading firm active in US, Canadian, and OTC Equities. With trading technology built, tested, and optimized in-house, our engineers and technologists collaborate with our traders to deliver tools and functionality designed to support their needs. Our passion for the markets and our drive to succeed have propelled our 20-year track record of growth and profitability. At Trillium, we are a team of problem solvers and independent thinkers dedicated to seizing market opportunities.
We are headquartered in New York City, with additional trading floors in Chicago and Miami. To learn more about Trillium, visit www.trlm.com
As an Equity Trader Intern, you will spend the summer learning about the markets as well as Trillium’s proprietary technology. Working closely with a designated mentor, you will research and enhance our existing trade strategies. You will develop a solid understanding of US, Canadian, and OTC equity markets and strengthen your communication, quantitative, and analytical skills. Here you’ll practice and grow your understanding of economics, risk assessment, and decision-making by making split-second buy and sell decisions by placing simulated orders on our proprietary keyboard-based trading platform.
Our intention is to set our interns up for success before graduating from their respective college and thoughtfully challenging each to expand their exposure and knowledge. Interns who prove that they are a great fit for Trillium during the internship will receive offers to become full-time equity traders after graduation, at any of our three locations: Manhattan, NY, Chicago, IL, or Miami, FL.
This paid internship ($600/week) is six weeks (June-July, 2024)
You are an enthusiastic, motivated and proactive person who is eager to learn. The ideal candidate must have/be the following:
- Resourceful thought process, team-oriented mindset, entrepreneurial spirit, demonstrated through extracurricular activities and/or group projects, and record of academic achievement
- Analytically minded, intellectually curious, and have a strong interest in financial markets
- Must be competitive, resourceful, and persevering
- Preferred major(s) in economics, mathematics, business/business administration, finance, or adjacent fields
- Please note, Trillium will not sponsor applicants for work visas
- The position is intended for Juniors entering into their Senior year (Spring 2025 graduation) with a cumulative 3.3+ GPA
Benefits and Perks:
- Daily catered lunch and Tuesday breakfast in-office
- Complimentary membership to Battleground Country Club for the duration of your internship
- Temporary housing resources
- Invitation to social events with veteran traders and management
- Collaborative, inclusive, and dynamic work environment within a mission-driven company
Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Trillium are based on merit, qualifications, and the needs of the company. Trillium does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, ancestry, military status, family care status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, gender identity or any other legally protected basis protected by applicable law. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability should contact email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.