Who You’ll Work With:
AllianceBernstein Equities actively manages over $200 billion in assets for a wide variety of institutional, high-net-worth, and retail clients. We are home to a large number of investment teams which manage portfolios of equities ranging from small cap to mega cap stocks, spanning the style spectrum from value to core to growth, covering all geographies, and which also include specialized portfolios such as thematic, low-volatility, and quantitative strategies. No matter which team you are placed with, a common thread across teams is an emphasis on fundamental “bottom-up” research.
What You’ll Do:
The Equities Research Summer Internship is designed to give interns exposure to equity investing through immersion with an investment team. You will have the opportunity to work closely with a senior analyst on topical investment research, which may include industry and company analysis, thematic research, financial modeling, as well as experience with professional tools such as Bloomberg or FactSet.
Summer Interns contribute to and learn from AB’s innovative use of technology, deep research capabilities, global presence, and breadth of investment management expertise. The flat corporate structure allows Interns to become deeply integrated into the team and contribute meaningfully to investment decision-making early on in their careers.
Examples of previous intern projects include:
- analyzing business models for companies in the electric vehicle charging sector
- forecasting the growth of cloud infrastructure, platform, and software spending over the next 10 years
- understanding disintermediation of traditional banks in the lending space, and
- analyzing and forecasting Chinese demand for oil and oil products.
Successful interns will be invited to join the Equity Research Rotational Associate Program upon their graduation.
What We’re Looking For:
- December 2024 through May/June 2025 Bachelor’s degree candidates in accounting, business, computer science, economics, engineering, finance, liberal arts, or pure or applied mathematics or sciences
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (must be able to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship now or in the future)
- Candidates must be available to work full-time from June through August
- Selected candidates will need to successfully complete a thorough background check
- It is not permissible to simultaneously take academic classes or hold other employment that will conflict with the internship schedule
- Strong quantitative, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and eagerness to learn about the world
- Detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Evidence of an interest in investing
Who We Are:
We are a leading global investment management firm offering high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional clients, retail investors, and private-wealth clients in major markets around the globe. With over 4,000 employees across 57 locations operating in 26 countries and jurisdictions, our ambition is simple: to be the most trusted investment firm in the world. We realize that it’s our people who give us a competitive advantage and drive success in the market, and our goal is to create an inclusive culture that rewards hard work.
Our culture of intellectual curiosity and collaboration creates an environment where you can thrive and do your best work. Whether you’re producing thought-provoking research, identifying compelling investment opportunities, infusing new technologies into our business, or providing thoughtful advice to our clients, we are fully invested in you. If you’re ready to challenge your limits and empower your career, join us!
How We Invest in You:
AB’s purpose is to pursue insight that unlocks opportunity. It is why we exist and what we work at every day. Our shared values define how we work. They’re a foundation of our culture, which empowers all of us to be our complete selves – and contribute our distinctive talents. We invest in one another, strive for distinctive knowledge, speak with courage and conviction, and act with integrity – Always!
We recognize the value of investing in one another and providing you the opportunity to showcase your newly learned skills as a commitment to your growth! That’s why we’ve crafted an exciting training program that will include, but not limited to, the topics listed below:
- Introduction to Capital Markets
- Advanced Technology Trainings such as Python, PowerBI, SQL, etc.
- Diversity Equity & Inclusion programming
- Mentoring Program
- Career Compassing
- Networking opportunities
- Investment case studies
- Social outings with your intern class
In accordance with applicable law, the minimum and maximum base annual salary for this role is as follows:
Base Salary Range: $100,000 to $110,000
Actual base salaries may vary based on factors including but not limited to education, training, experience, past performance, and other job-related factors. Base salary is just one component of total compensation at AB, which may include, depending on eligibility, commissions, year-end incentive compensation, short- and long-term incentives and Department-specific awards. In addition AB provides a variety of benefits to eligible employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays, sick and vacation time off
AB does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. AB’s policies, as well as practices, seek to ensure that employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants, based solely on job-related criteria
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.