Website Van Eck Associates Corporation
Position: Digital Assets Research Intern
Business Unit(s): Active Strategies
Location: New York, NY
Department: Digital Assets
Reporting to: Head of Digital Assets Research
FLSA Status (US Staff only): Non-Exempt Part-Time Summer
VanEck is a privately held global asset management firm founded in 1955. We develop forward-looking, intelligently designed, active and ETF strategies that strengthen long-term portfolios. We will provide qualified individuals with outstanding education and growth opportunities. If you are a high-energy individual with a strong work ethic, excellent team skills, and outstanding communication skills, we would like to speak with you.
VanEck’s Summer Intern Program includes exposure across the firm through educational, mentorship, and networking events. As an Intern, you will also be exposed to the firm’s senior management, gain an understanding of the financial services industry and learn critical business skills. Our internship program will build more than just your resume — it will challenge your knowledge, build your network and drive your career path. Our program spans 10 weeks and typically runs from June 3 – August 9. If you are looking to gain valuable hands-on experience while working with talented individuals, apply now!
Our digital assets research team is looking for one candidate with the special skills to help us better understand what’s happening in this fast-moving space. The successful applicant will demonstrate aptitude and experience sorting winning projects from losers using both quantitative and qualitative methods, and demonstrate stellar communication skills that can help our team generate the conviction to buy or sell.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
• Perform in-depth research on individual token projects including the ability to model project P&L.
• Work with research & IT departments to identify, procure & manage new data sources.
• Use data sources to build a cryptocurrency research dashboard.
• Role includes research & data entry of cryptocurrency fundamental & quantitative characteristics.
• Strong interest/curiosity in digital assets & financial markets.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Strong knowledge of Internet, MS Word and Excel, including VBA.
• Knowledge of SQL and programming/scripting languages is required.
• Roll up your sleeve work ethic.
• Professional demeanor.
Education and/or Experience
• Currently entering junior level (3rd year) or beyond within a 4 year college program.
• Some experience within a corporate environment is helpful but not required.
To perform successfully and gain the most from this internship, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Professional demeanor
• Capacity for learning new procedures/ideas
• Enthusiasm Language Skills
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• The maximum hourly rate for this position is $25 an hour
VanEck is committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and to providing equal opportunity in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws. VanEck does not and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, ancestry, color, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, covered-veteran or military status, genetic information, and/or any other factor protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.