Website Principal Financial
What You’ll Do
We’re looking for Commercial Real Estate interns to join our Principal Real Estate team for an extended internship/co-op. In this role, you’ll have exposure to many areas of Commercial Real Estate (CRE), while working specifically on one of the teams mentioned below. In the fast paced, constantly evolving environment, you will play a critical role in supporting your team, which is not only exciting, but the best way to learn.
Principal Real Estate teams seeking interns:
- Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities
- Asset Management/Ops
- Acquisitions & Dispositions
- Dedicated Private Equity Team
- Private Debt Origination
Through our comprehensive training program, you will acquire valuable industry knowledge while receiving tailored development opportunities preparing you for future advancement.
Principal Real Estate, a top-10 global real estate manager with over $85B in assets under management, is the dedicated real estate investment group within Principal Asset Management. With over 60 years of real estate investment experience, our comprehensive four quadrant approach (private equity, public equity, public debt, and private debt) gives us a unique perspective on real estate space and capital markets and enables us to deliver solutions to meet client investment goals.
What You’ll Do
- Provide analytical support for evaluating equity or debt investment opportunities across multiple product types (industrial, apartments, office, retail, etc.)
- Perform market research, review due diligence materials, prepare presentations, and assist with written investment committee memos
- Develop knowledge of products, programs and clients’ needs through available training programs and involvement in investment activities
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as required
Who You Are
- Working towards or have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (preference for degrees in finance, mathematics, economics, real estate, or accounting)
- Strong quantitative financial and statistics background including an understanding of basic finance concepts such as time value of money
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Highly motivated individual with a self-starter approach, and excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Availability to work onsite (four days a week, one day remote) in Des Moines, IA for 40 hours/week, from January-August 2024 or May-December 2024
Skills That Will Help You Stand Out
- Real estate experience preferred (full time or internship experience)
- Involvement in student organizations and other business-related extra-curricular’s
Salary Range InformationSalary ranges below reflect targeted base salaries. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation for all roles will be based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.Salary Range (Non-Exempt expressed as hourly; Exempt expressed as yearly)$20 – $22 / hourAdditional Information
Our Internship Culture
Join an established program that provides hands-on experiences for 200+ interns each year! You’ll learn new skills with dedicated teams and mentors, build your professional network and collaborate across a global Fortune 500 company. We care about offering you diverse experiences and exciting challenges that push you to reach for bigger life goals, all while enjoying our flexibility and work life balance. Join us for events such as our Executive Speaker Series, gain career direction, and much more! https://www.principal.com/about-us/careers/internships
You will receive a lump sum stipend of $6,000. This amount is intended to support incidental expenses you may incur as part of your internship. The Company will provide a tax gross-up on this stipend as a financial benefit, but is not intended to compensate for all tax liabilities.
This is a Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week internship.
Location & Work Environment
This role will sit onsite in our Corporate headquarters in Des Moines, IA and the work arrangement is: in-office Monday-Thursday, with Friday being optional in-office or remote.
At this time, we’re not considering applicants that need any type of immigration sponsorship (additional work authorization or permanent work authorization) now or in the future to work in the United States. This includes, but IS NOT LIMITED TO: F1-OPT, F1-CPT, H-1B, TN, L-1, J-1, etc. For additional information around work authorization needs please use the following links.
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Asset Management positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
At Principal, we value connecting on both a personal and professional level. Together, we’re imagining a more purpose-led future for financial services – and that starts with you. Our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our interns.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.