Website CME Group
We are looking for motivated and talented students who want to help us solve some of the most complex challenges in financial technology. Technology teams at CME write and maintain ultra low-latency electronic trading platforms, risk management systems, and front-end trading interfaces, all of which are central to CME’s business. We are focused on designing, building and deploying customer focused solutions with passion and precision.
CME Group Technology interns will gain unparalleled experience in electronic trading and financial technology. Interns will have the opportunity to work on a variety of applications and projects that directly impact the global trading ecosystem. In the past, our interns have worked on building cloud infrastructure, researching blockchain technologies, and taking ownership of new applications that can change the trading lifecycle.
CME’s Technology Summer Internship program offers students opportunities to learn more about CME’s business, our role in the financial industry, and the types of technology that keeps our markets running. Students will develop both their technical skills and expand their network with access to industry experts, while working alongside other talented and ambitious students with a passion for FinTech.
The selected candidate will join the Shared Services Functional Architecture & Analysis Team, which serves as the primary interface between business and technology stakeholders and works to understand and define how technology systems work together to solve business problems. With a proven ability to work across different offices, the Functional Architecture & Analysis Team provides project execution services such as impact analysis, requirements analysis, functional allocation & logical system design, and centralized data modeling. In this role, you will have an opportunity to develop both business analysis and technical skills while solving problems.
CME Technology Summer Internships are paid, full -time roles that typically last 10-12 weeks. They are hybrid roles, typically based out of our Chicago office. The summer program includes numerous opportunities to network with peers from across the country during a summer full of experiences that include a boat tour on Lake Michigan, tours of our data center, a trading challenge with prizes, an outing at an MLB game, an overnight coding challenge, lunch and learns, and development workshops
The Ideal Candidate seeks to learn new ideas and can clearly communicate complex ideas back to others. Their inquisitive mindset and strong work ethic enable them to approach challenging problems in an open and collaborative way. They give and receive criticism of ideas in a constructive manner and focus on finding the best solution, even if it wasn’t their idea.
Principal Accountabilities May Include
- Contributing to storyboarding, prototyping, and business analysis activities
- Gathering project analysis metrics and data:
- User stories
- Interface specs
- Data mapping specs
- UI specs
- Report specs
- Developing acceptance tests and supporting automated and functional testing
- Reviewing QA testing strategy and test plans
- Partnering with development and QA on solution assessment and validation
- Accurately representing the needs of internal and external customers
- Pursuing a B.A. or B.S. in business, computer science, information systems, or a similar degree
- Basic knowledge of SDLC and agile methodology/practices
- Basic knowledge of analysis practices and techniques
- Basic knowledge of visual and process modeling
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and absorb business & technology concepts quickly
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels within and outside the organization
- Experience in business systems analysis or related
- Experience in financial markets (e.g. exchange-based, OTC, FCM, brokerage house)
- Knowledge of derivatives, trade lifecycle, clearing, risk, or post-trade processing
- Knowledge of SQL, familiarity with common data formats like XML and JSON, or experience with common programming languages (java, python, C++, R)
- Experience using Atlassian products (e.g. JIRA, Confluence)
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more.
At CME Group, we embrace our employees’ diverse experiences, cultures and skills, and work to ensure that everyone’s perspectives are acknowledged and valued. As an equal opportunity employer, we recognize the importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and consider all potential employees without regard to any protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.