Baird is a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work for the past 20 years.
As an Accounts Payable Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
- Client Service: Serve as point of contact for assigned business units, assist clients with questions regarding payments status, educating associates on invoice process and submitting expenses via Concur. Addresses vendor requests and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Compliance: Receive, verify, and audit expense reports via Concur to ensure Associates are in compliance with corporate travel policy. Verifies Tax ID numbers, resolves payment discrepancies, obtains ACH instructions for vendor payments.
- Special Projects: Actively participate in key team-wide initiatives or department-wide initiatives to improve overall performance and support strategic initiatives.
- Daily Transactions: Review and process invoices and expense reports, ensuring appropriate documentation and approvals are received prior to payment. Codes invoices to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoices and expense reports. Enter invoices into PeopleSoft to be processed for payment.
This description indicates the kinds of tasks and level of work difficulty required of this position. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.
What we need from you:
- High School diploma
- Minimum of 1 year of prior accounts payable experience
Strong communication skills both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate with all levels of Associates
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to work independently, complete multiple concurrent responsibilities, proactively communicate and take initiative
- Willingness to learn new skills and ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Dedication to providing a high level of customer service to internal and external clients and ability to maintain a calm demeanor in difficult conversations
- Must be detail oriented; have strong and accurate data entry skills and work well within a team environment and ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to deal effectively with tight month end closing process
- Must be dependable with the ability to follow instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance
- Ability to identify potential issues or errors and make decisions
- Proficiency with Word and Excel
Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
Baird is committed to inclusion & diversity for our clients, our associates and the communities where we live and work. This commitment stems from our culture of integrity, genuine concern for others and respect for the individual. We view inclusion & diversity as an ongoing journey – one of shared responsibility, continuous improvement and a focus on progress. We invite you to join us as we work together to foster an environment where diversity unites rather than divides us. Learn more here.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.