Website Principal Financial
What You’ll Do
Principal Financial Group is a Fortune 500 global leader in financial services focused in insurance, retirement, and asset management. We have 18,000 employees and 51 million customers around the world with over $714B in assets under management.
The Sales Development Program is a 9-18 month full-time salaried program within our US Life Insurance- Group Benefits division. This training program is focused on developing individuals for successful careers in sales. Our Associate Sales Representatives learn how to partner with brokers to provide customers with comprehensive insurance solutions. Our customers are owners of small to large businesses who want to provide competitive benefits for company employees and their families. When life gets unexpectedly tough, their employees rely on the insurance solutions (such as disability, accident, critical illness, and life) provided by Principal Financial.
Who we’re looking for:
- You want to make a difference in others’ lives.
- You are internally motivated to achieve your goals, persist through challenges, and reach personal success.
- You enjoy networking, meeting new people, and building relationships.
- You like to outperform the competition and win.
What to expect:
- You’ll start at one of our national training centers where you’ll gain in-depth knowledge of our business through intensive classroom-based study and opportunities to network and learn from senior sales leaders.
- Following this experience, you’ll be assigned a territory and get thorough on-the-job training with local sales leaders and mentors before gaining your own book of business toward the end of the 18-month program.
What you’ll gain:
- Learn to actively develop and implement sales strategies
- Mature your strategy and consulting abilities
- Build relationships with brokers
- Enhance your understanding of client care
- Grow skills in marketing
- Gain deep product knowledge
- We’ll also provide you with study time and educational materials to secure your insurance license.
How you’ll accelerate your career:
Your training and experiences during this program will be highly visible to US Life Insurance senior leaders. Upon successful completion of the program, this career path will be responsible for sales growth and market expansion for an assigned regional territory and your earning potential will shift to depend on the volume of successful sales you bring in. You’ll continue to receive professional development opportunities including conferences and training as part of our sales community.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree or 8 years of equivalent experience required at the time of hire
- Strong interest in a career in external sales
- Must have sales proficiency and positive relationship building skills
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, and accountable for own actions
- Adaptable to change as well as running multiple projects
- Life/Health License required within 90 days of hire
- Requires ability to work independently, excellent and persuasive written and oral communication skills, excellent presentation skills, and basic computer skills
- Willingness to travel within the identified territory as needed for this position
Preferred skills include:
- Awards or recognition from sales competitions
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills preferred but not required
- Outstanding extra-curricular, leadership, or community involvement
Salary Range InformationSalary ranges below reflect targeted base salaries. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation for all roles will be based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.Salary Range (Non-Exempt expressed as hourly; Exempt expressed as yearly)$55000 – $55000 / hourAdditional Information
This role can be located in one of our following business centers: Houston or Dallas, TX; Tampa, FL; Bethesda, MD; Woodcliff Lake, NJ; Waltham, MA; Downers Grove, IL; Atlanta, GA; Overland Park, KS; Columbia, MD; Charlotte, NC.
At this time, we’re not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship (additional work authorization or permanent work authorization) now or in the future to work in the United States? This includes, but IS NOT LIMITED TO: F1-OPT, F1-CPT, H-1B, TN, L-1, J-1, etc. For additional information around work authorization needs please use the following links.
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we’re bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees – individually and all of us together. Explore our core values, benefits and why we’re an exceptional place to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Posting WindowWe will be accepting applications for at least 3 days from when the job was originally posted, after which we may keep open or remove the posting based upon applications we receive. Please submit applications in a timely manner as there is no guarantee the posting will be available beyond 3 days of the original posting date.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.