Website Albourne America LLC
Albourne is an industry leading investment consultant with offices around the globe. Our firm of 500+ employees provides advisory services to investors, including institutional investors, financial intermediaries and family offices, on over $550 billion of alternative investments across the liquidity spectrum. We specialize in Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Real Assets, Real Estate and Dynamic Beta.
Albourne empowers its clients by providing Portfolio Advice, Research (Investment, Operational and Quantitative due diligence), Analytics (data and tools) and Implementation (middle and back office) services. We are committed to non-discretionary advice, fixed fee pricing and independence.
Albourne strives to be a sustainable company with three main goals: 1) Aspiring to be a multi-generational firm with broad internal ownership and a Partnership structure; 2) Treating our employees and clients fairly; and 3) Advocating for positive change for its benefit and for the alternative investment industry – best practices have always been a defining part of who we are.
Albourne is seeking an attorney to join its Legal team. The in-house legal team is responsible for providing legal advice to Albourne America LLC (“Albourne”) and handling the legal and compliance affairs of Albourne and the Albourne Group.
- Provide legal support to Albourne’s business groups, including compliance, client services, research teams, human resources, IT and other functional teams regarding strategic initiatives, business negotiations, regulatory matters, legal risks and general company matters
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial documents such as customer agreements, confidentiality agreements and vendor agreements with clients, fund managers and service providers
- Review and maintain the Albourne Group’s ongoing compliance with laws and its regulatory obligations in the U.S. and Canada, including with the Investment Advisers Act of 1940
- Oversee and interface with external counsel on a broad range of legal matters, as required.
Develop, implement and refine company policies and procedures
- Assist with business registrations and licensing in various jurisdictions, as required
- Handle other legal and compliance matters that arise from time to time
- Liaise with colleagues and clients at all levels in multiple jurisdictions
- Liaise with members of the legal and compliance teams in the U.S., UK and Asia, and participate in legal and compliance team meetings
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum three years of corporate legal experience preferably in a law firm setting
- Juris Doctor from a top-tier law school
- Active member of the California bar or be eligible to qualify for Registered In-House Counsel status in the state of California
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence to interact comfortably with employees at all levels of the organization
- Excellent organization and time-management
- Problem-solving mentality
- Highly motivated
- Familiarity with compliance matters, particular SEC Regulation
- Financial or investment industry experience
Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Fully paid Medical and Dental PPO
- Fully paid Basic Life and AD&D
- 401k & FSA
- Everyday Wellness, onsite weekly fitness & mental health activities
- 30 days paid time off each year including Vacation and Holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Location: San Francisco, CA
Work authorization: Must be eligible to work in the United States
Albourne America LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, physical or mental disability, age, medical condition, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.