Website Lord Abbett
The Advisor Consultant Internship is a summer experience during which participants will gain insight into a career in financial sales, marketing and client service at one of the world’s fastest growing asset managers. Interns will develop deeper understanding of investment markets, investment products, client relationship management, and consultative sales. In addition to working closely with our leadership team to support our ability to serve our clients, interns will undergo a comprehensive and industry leading training program. Additionally, they will gain experience with other areas of our firm including opportunities to work on numerous projects with multiple departments . I nterns will have abundant opportunities to engage with leadership and build relationships around the firm, beginning with their mentors who will serve as guides from day one. As an Advisor Consultant Intern, you’ll receive actionable feedback weekly and a performance review at the end of the program; the program may lead to the opportunity for a full time offer.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop a basic understanding of financial markets and exhibit curiosity and passion for continuous learning
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of top-selling Lord Abbett investment vehicles
- Develop a basic knowledge of mutual funds, separately managed accounts, and retirement products
- Assist Advisor Consultants and Regional Managers with marketing materials for our financial advisor clients
- Take notes on webinars, team meetings, and industry related events for Advisor Consultants
- Work closely with the senior sales specialists to:
- Follow up on prospective client meetings
- Use financial software to create Illustrations of our fund performance
- Demonstrate creative thinking and analytical skills to analyze and articulate our product advantages vs. key competitors
You’ll need to have:
- Ambition to pursue a client facing career in financial services, with a strong interest in relationship management and sales
- Eligibility for full time employment in July 2025
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skillS
- The aptitude to learn and adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- Opportunity to develop skills pertaining to financial analysis, sales, relationship building, project management, communication, and presentation
- Exposure to multiple facets of the asset management industry through our cross-departmental learning program
- Opportunity to sit for the Series Industry Essentials (SIE) exam, which provides a solid foundation of technical knowledge for a career in financial services
- Opportunity to develop your network, building relationships across the firm
- Opportunity to be an active participant in Lord Abbett’s Global Corporate Citizenship initiatives
Compensation Information: Prorated share of the annual base salary of $95,000 for the duration of the internship
Please note Lord Abbett is not offering sponsorship for this role
Why Lord Abbett?
Lord Abbett is a leading global independent, privately held investment management company. We are active managers and invest where we believe we have a repeatable edge and can deliver alpha for our clients. Our vision is to be the most respected asset manager in the world, admired for our people, our performance, our relationships, and our organizational agility. This inspires the three pillars of our culture.
- Principles-Led: We empower our leaders to create an environment of trust.
- Performance-Oriented: We inspire our people to embody our values, excellence, responsibility, transparency & collaboration.
- Purpose-Driven: We embrace our mission, securing a sustainable future for our clients, our people, and our world.
We are honored to have earned recognition as one of the Best Places to Work in Money Management by Pensions & Investments and scored 100% on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index, a measure of LGBTQ+ workplace equality.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.