Website Wells Fargo
About this role : Wells Fargo is seeking talent to join the 2024 Summer Internship, Early Careers – Wealth & Investment Management. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
Wealth & Investment Management, or WIM, is one of the United States’ leading providers of financial and investment services. WIM provides a full range of personalized wealth management, investment, and retirement products and services to meet clients’ unique needs and help them achieve financial goals. Our mission is to help clients pursue their financial goals with confidence. We accomplish this by:
- Building enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful, and objective advice
- Developing individualized plans for clients to help meet their financial objectives
- Helping clients build, manage, preserve, and transition their financial resources and wealth
WIM Early Careers seeks to attract, develop, and retain exceptional junior undergraduate students to Wealth & Investment Management. Our goal is to build bench-strength as well as increase our commitment to diversity in WIM.
Over the course of ten week summer program, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Gain on-the-job experience: Working as part of a high-performing team in your business group, you will gain in-depth experience as an intern. You will begin to build your analytical and interpersonal communication skills by actively participating in your team’s day-to-day activities.
- Receive professional support: You will be matched with a colleague who will be available to answer your questions, help you through challenging situations, and give you feedback throughout the course of the summer. You will also have the support of a program manager and functional cohort to support you through your intern experience.
- Benefit from a virtual speaker series: Wells Fargo’s top leaders provide insight into how to make the most of your summer experience, share their career paths, tips and advice, while also sharing trends in the financial and functional spaces they serve.
- Take part in organization networking activities: We promote community involvement and networking with other summer interns and full-time analysts across other programs. You will have the opportunity to create lasting professional relationships, build your network, and take advantage of a diverse and rapidly growing workforce.
Multiple intern positions will be available throughout WIM’s businesses listed below, offering hands-on experience in the fields of investment management, financial analytics, project management, consulting, and beyond in a “home office” or “middle/back office” environment.
- Advice & Planning Center of Excellence : WIM’s advice framework with tools, technology, and access to advice expertise for advisors and clients, along with family-office and practice-management support.
- Banking, Lending & Trust (BL&T) Center of Excellence: Unlocks access to WIM products and services based on client needs related to banking, lending, and trust.
- Investment Solutions Center of Excellence: WIM’s investment expertise, solutions, and product offerings. Includes Wells Fargo Investment Institute, which creates core investment strategies, investment research, and other forms of intellectual capital to support WIM.
- Client Relationship Group: Oversees initiatives and support for financial advisor and team-led client coverage, including Wells Fargo Advisors, Wells Fargo Private Bank, and our digital and contact center teams.
- The Private Bank (TPB) : WIM is also a leading provider of trust, investment, and fiduciary services, including personal trust services and several specialized wealth services designed to meet the diverse needs of high-net-worth clients
The WIM Summer Intern Program is a pipeline program where successful interns may receive an offer to return the following year to join the full-time Wealth & Investment Management Development Program.
Ideal candidate for this role must have the following:
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry
In this role you will:
- Interact with leaders at all levels of the organization including senior management, direct team members, individual contributors, and vendors.
- Provide customer service to clients and internal employees as needed and appropriate.
- Understand processes and workflows to make recommendations for process improvements.
- Bring closure to issues, questions, and requests. Solve problems independently.
- Understand business needs and provide possible solutions by explaining in clear verbal and/or written communications to customers and/or management.
- Consistently learn new systems, applications, processes, and techniques.
- Lead or participate in projects or support activities, which are moderate in size and organization span.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 6+ months of work experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Bachelor’s degree candidate with an anticipated graduation date of December 2024-June 2025
- 1+ month professional experience through internships, part-time, or full-time work
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Marketing, Communications, English, or related field. All majors are welcome.
- Involvement in extracurricular enrichment activities through one or more of the following: volunteerism, student organization involvement, study abroad program(s), leadership position(s), non-profit involvement
- Experience successfully collaborating with others in a change driven environment
- Ability to travel 5% or more of the time
Program Duration: Program Dates: June 2024 – August 2024. Full-time schedule, 10-weeks (non-rotational).
Program Locations: The WIM Intern Program offers multiple opportunities across the business in locations aligned to our headquarters locations: Charlotte, NC; Minneapolis, MN; and St. Louis, MO. The position locations are determined by business need, are tied to the business function, and are not flexible. Applicants are encouraged to be open to relocation for the summer, for which a small stipend is provided.
Wells Fargo will only consider candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who will not require work visa sponsorship from Wells Fargo now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States.
Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the intended close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.