Website Wells Fargo
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking talent to join the Finance Internship Program within the Finance organization. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com.
Finance is comprised of the following groups: Commercial Banking Finance, Consumer and Small Business Banking Finance, Consumer Lending Finance, Controllers Division, COO Finance, Corporate and Investment Banking Finance, Corporate Finance, Investment Portfolio, Investor Relations, Technology Finance, Treasury, and Wealth & Investment Management Finance.
The Finance Internship Program is an early career development program that provides participants with a ten-week overview of Wells Fargo and a high-level understanding of the company’s operations, business strategies, and organizational culture. The internship experience includes relationship building, relevant work assignments, coaching, feedback sessions, group projects, and other informative learning sessions with key leaders. It is designed to provide undergraduate students with a blend of business and professional developmental training opportunities that incorporates real-world experiences and prepares you for a career at Wells Fargo. You will be placed in one of the finance groups noted above based on your location, degree, business needs and where possible expressed areas of interest.
In this role, you will:
- Experience across various finance disciplines supporting Wells Fargo’s expectations
- Formal training opportunities through onboarding and orientation activities and throughout the program to prepare you for a career within finance at Wells Fargo
- Coaching and networking to support your professional development
- Exposure to multiple business lines and finance-related responsibilities
Ideal candidate for this role must have the following:
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team or committee
- Highly motivated and detail oriented, with demonstrated ability to effectively organize tasks, manage time, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Energetic self-starter who proactively takes initiative, remains curious and has a genuine interest in learning and growth
- Ability to articulate clearly and succinctly
- Demonstrated problem analysis and solving skills
- 6+ months of work experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Must be currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation date between December 2024 – June 2025
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills Basic proficiency in Power Bi, Tableau, Alteryx, Python, SQL, and/or other analytics tools
- Demonstrated knowledge, interests and/or experience in the financial services industry, corporate accounting, managing data and reporting, data visualization, and/or data analytics
- BA/BS degree candidate with a preferred major concentration in: Accounting, Business Analytics, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Applied Math or Business Administration/Business Management. All majors are welcome
Program Duration: 10 weeks, June-August 2024 (exact dates TBD and subject to change)
- Charlotte, NC
- Des Moines, IA
- Minneapolis, MN
- St. Louis, MO
- Dallas, TX
- Chandler, AZ
*Locations subject to change and contingent on business needs
Wells Fargo will only consider candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who will not require work visa sponsorship from Wells Fargo now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States.
Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo. After submitting your application, please monitor your e-mail for future communications.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.