Website Wells Fargo
About this role : Wells Fargo is seeking talent to join the 2024 Summer Internship, Early Careers – Commercial Banking. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at https://www.wellsfargojobs.com/university-programs .
Commercial Banking provides financial solutions to businesses with annual sales generally in excess of $10 million. Several of our main business lines are Client Coverage, Credit Solutions and Global Treasury Management.
The summer internship is a structured 10-week program designed to provide undergraduate students with an in-depth understanding of the day-to-day responsibilities of full-time employees by participating in meaningful work. You will gain exposure to Wells Fargo’s operations, business strategies, and culture by working in an office with experienced employees.
During the summer, we focus on your development to help prepare you to take your next career step after completing the program. You will gain insight into Wells Fargo’s corporate and credit culture, as well as opportunities for professional development, skill acquisition, community involvement, networking, and analytical training in line of business-specific concepts along with:
- Orientation: Experience a week-long onboarding and training session with interns across Commercial Banking. Here you will get a jump start on your internship and network with both peers and leaders at Wells Fargo.
- On-the-job experience : Working as part of a high-performing team in your business group is how you will gain in-depth experience as a summer intern. You will begin to build your analytical skills and understanding of credit by actively participating in your team’s day-to-day activities.
- Professional support : You will be matched with a high-performing employee (such as a financial analyst, relationship manager, or business manager) who will be your resource and coach, available to answer your questions, help you through challenging situations, and give you feedback throughout the course of the summer.
- A virtual speaker series : Wells Fargo’s top leaders provide insight into how to make the most of your summer experience while you learn about trends in the financial services industry.
- Organized networking activities : We promote community involvement and networking with other summer interns and full-time analysts.
In this role you will :
- Participate in formal internship program activities and workshops and various initiatives within the internship program.
- Review various assignments to become familiar with policies and procedures for which answers can be quickly obtained, related to low-to-medium complex tasks and deliverables.
- Conduct research and financial analysis to assess client needs to identify optimal Wells Fargo products and services.
- Partner with Relationship Managers, Product Specialists and Credit Underwriters to support real-time business efforts that drive client outcomes.
- Receive direction from a manager and exercise independent judgment while developing understanding of compliance and risk management requirements for the supported area.
- Prioritize work, attentional to detail, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment.
Offers are made for a specific office location, based on candidate preference and business needs. Interns will be placed into and notified of their specific business groups prior to program start.
June 3, 2024 – August 9, 2024
Ideal candidates for this role must have the following:
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Solid problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Energetic self-starter who proactively takes initiative, remains curious and has a genuine interest in learning and growth
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
Required Qualifications, US:
- 6+ months of work experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Must be currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation date between December 2024 or May/June 2025. All majors welcome.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Involvement in extracurricular enrichment activities through one or more of the following: volunteerism, student organization involvement, study abroad program(s), leadership position(s), non-profit involvement
- Demonstrated knowledge, interest and/or experience in finance, accounting, and sales
Program Locations :
Atlanta, GA; Boston, MA; Chandler, AZ; Charlotte, NC; Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; Des Moines, IA; Houston, TX; Los Angeles, CA; Miami, FL; Minneapolis, MN; New York, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Salt Lake City, UT; San Diego, CA; San Francisco, CA; Seattle, WA; Washington, DC
- Atlanta, GA: $32.21 hourly
- Boston, MA: $37.02 hourly
- Chandler, AZ: $32.21 hourly
- Charlotte, NC: $32.21 hourly
- Chicago, IL: $34.62 hourly
- Dallas, TX: $32.21 hourly
- Denver, CO: $32.21 hourly
- Des Moines, IA: $32.21 hourly
- Houston, TX: $32.21 hourly
- Los Angeles, CA: $34.62 hourly
- Miami, FL: $32.21 hourly
- Minneapolis, MN: $32.21 hourly
- New York, NY: $37.02 hourly
- Philadelphia, PA: $34.62
- Salt Lake City, UT: $32.21
- San Diego, CA: $34.62
- San Francisco, CA: $37.02 hourly
- Seattle, WA: $37.02 hourly
- Washington, DC: $34.62 hourly
Wells Fargo will only consider candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who will not require work visa sponsorship from Wells Fargo now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States.
May be considered for a discretionary bonus, Restricted Share Rights, or other long-term incentive awards.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.