Website Wells Fargo
About this role
Wells Fargo is seeking talent to join the Analytics & Data Internship Program, offering roles within our business lines and staff functions. Learn more about these career areas at wellsfargojobs.com.
The Analytics & Data Internship Program is a professional development program that provides participants with a ten-week overview of Wells Fargo and a high-level understanding of the company’s operations, business strategies, and organizational culture. The internship experience includes relationship building, relevant work assignments, coaching, feedback sessions, group projects, and other informative learning sessions with key leaders in the analytics ecosystem. It is designed to provide undergraduate candidates with a blend of business and professional developmental training opportunities that incorporate real-world experiences and prepare you for a career at Wells Fargo. You will be placed on one of our analytics or data management teams, taking into account your location, degree, and expressed areas of interest where possible.
In this role you will:
- Gain on-the-job experience: Working as part of a high-performing team in your business group, you will gain in-depth experience as an intern. You will begin to build your analytical and interpersonal communication skills by actively participating in your team’s day-to-day activities.
- Receive professional support: You will be matched with a colleague who will be available to answer your questions, help you through challenging situations, and give you feedback throughout the course of the summer. You will also have the support of a program manager and functional cohort to support you through your intern experience.
- Benefit from a virtual speaker series: Wells Fargo’s top leaders provide insight into how to make the most of your summer experience, share their career paths, offer tips and advice, while also sharing trends in the financial and functional spaces they serve.
- Take part in organization networking activities: We promote community involvement and networking with other summer interns and full-time analysts across other programs. You will have the opportunity to create lasting professional relationships, build your network, and take advantage of a diverse and rapidly growing workforce.
Ideal candidate for this role must have the following:
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Exposure to Agile methodology
- Experience working across teams
- Exposure to and/or experience in the financial services industry
- Strong analytical skills including strategically analyzing/manipulating data, diagnosing opportunities, and providing interventions
- Energetic self-starter who proactively takes initiative, remains curious and has a genuine interest in learning and growth
- 6+ months of work experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Must be currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation date between December 2024 – June 2025
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Involvement in extracurricular enrichment activities through one or more of the following: volunteerism, student organization involvement, study abroad program(s), leadership position(s), non-profit involvement
- Understanding of analytics, research, statistics, data modeling, and/or data management
- Demonstrated knowledge, interest and/or familiarity with: Data visualization tools such as Tableau and PowerBI, programming languages such as SQL, Python, Java
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in: Analytics, Applied Math, Computer Sciences, Data Analytics, Data Science, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Physics, Quantitative Analysis, Statistics, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis
Program duration: 10 weeks, Summer 2024
Primary locations include Charlotte, NC and Minneapolis, MN, with limited opportunities based on business need in Dallas, TX, Des Moines, IA, Chandler, AZ, and San Francisco, CA.
Charlotte, NC-Pay: $36.00 Hourly
Minneapolis, MN- Pay: $36.00 Hourly
Dallas, TX- Pay: $36.00 Hourly
Des Moines, IA- Pay: $36.00 Hourly
Chandler, AZ- Pay: $36.00 Hourly
San Francisco, CA- Pay: $36.00 Hourly
Wells Fargo will only consider candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who will not require work visa sponsorship from Wells Fargo now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States.
Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo. After submitting your application, please monitor your e-mail for future communications.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.