2024 Summer Internship – Product Analyst, US
Internship positions are located at PIMCO’s Newport Beach, CA Headquarters
You’re eligible to apply if you:
- Are an undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of December 2024 – June 2025
- Have a minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Are business proficient in English
You’ll excel as a Product Analyst if you:
- Have an interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics, and investment finance
- Possess a strong analytical skill set
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Have the ability to relay complex ideas clearly
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to join a high performance, fast-paced culture
- Are results orientation, attention to detail and strong time management skill
See yourself as a Product Analyst:
You will work within the Product Strategy Group, a global team of over 130 professionals responsible for financial market expertise (both internally and externally), strategic business management, entrepreneurship and marketing for a wide range of PIMCO product lines. You’ll gain broad exposure to financial markets, product design / development and distribution, portfolio analysis, and/or client communication.
You will work with one or multiple specialty teams that focus on covering specific investment strategies (e.g., Credit, Emerging Markets, Alternatives, etc.) or conducting broader client portfolio analysis / optimization. You’ll gain a strong understanding of the business of investment management across market segments. Responsibilities vary between teams but may include some of the following:
- Market and economic updates
- Portfolio commentaries
- Client portfolio analytics / investment strategizing
- Competitor intelligence
- Client presentation materials
- Risk and performance attribution
The PIMCO Internship Experience:
- The PIMCO Internship Program begins in early/mid-June 2024
- During Week 1, you’ll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO’s Global Month of Volunteering, developed to heighten the impact of our employees’ worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You’ll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- Want to learn more? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns
- As a PIMCO intern, you’ll receive competitive compensation, along with a transition bonus to help with relocation to one of our office locations
How you should apply:
Applications open early August 2023. We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume & unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready.
What to expect during the interview process:
- After we receive your application, we’ll conduct an initial resume. We’ll send status updates throughout the process.
- You’ll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview
- If selected to move forward, you’ll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via video conference. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts.
PIMCO is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive, cognitively diverse environment.
For more information on PIMCO and Career Opportunities, please visit www.pimco.com/careers
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Hourly Rate: $ 43.27
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.