2024 Summer Internship – Alt Credit & Private Strategies Intern, US
Internship positions are located at PIMCO’s Newport Beach, CA Headquarters
You’re eligible to apply if you:
- Are an undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of December 2024 – June 2025
- Have a minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Are business proficient in English
You’ll excel as a Alternative Credit & Private Strategies Intern if you:
- Have a strong interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics, investment finance
- Have skills conducting research and basic financial modeling. Demonstrate natural intuition to make good judgments
- Are proactive in thinking about potential investment ideas
- Are a good communicator; have strong written and oral presentation abilities. Are persuasive and credible
- Have strong work ethic and integrity; are a team player that is proactive and self-motivated
- Have the ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously
- Preferred but not required: Have an investment banking sophomore internship
See yourself as a Alternative Credit & Private Strategies Intern:
Since launching its first opportunistic credit vehicles over 15 years ago, PIMCO has developed a significant presence in both alternative credit and private investment strategies. Our strategies include those that seek to identify value primarily in listed securities, relying on fundamental and capital structure analysis, and also strategies that seek to privately finance the debt and equity needs of companies, asset holders, and origination platforms. We invest globally across commercial and residential real estate and mortgage credit, performing and distressed corporate debt, and specialty finance markets.
You will work alongside seasoned associates and Portfolio Managers, focusing on financial modeling and qualitative analysis in support of direct lending and special situations/distressed debt investing. Throughout the course of the summer, you will support their team efforts in sourcing, evaluating, underwriting and managing of alternative credit and private strategy investments. Successful interns receiving full time offers will have the opportunity to join a two year rotational program with a potential for a career track in Portfolio Management.
The PIMCO Internship Experience:
- The PIMCO Summer Internship Program beginning in early/mid-June 2024
- During Week 1, you’ll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO’s Global Month of Volunteering, developed to heighten the impact of our employees’ worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You’ll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- Want to learn more? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns.
- As a PIMCO intern, you’ll receive competitive compensation, along with a transition bonus to help with relocation to one of our office locations
How you should apply:
Applications open early August 2023. We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume & unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready.
What to expect during the interview process:
- After we receive your application, we’ll conduct an initial resume review. We’ll send status updates throughout the process.
- You’ll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview
- If selected to move forward, you’ll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via video conference. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts.
PIMCO is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive, cognitively diverse environment.
For more information on PIMCO and Career Opportunities, please visit www.pimco.com/careers
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Hourly Rate: $ 52.89
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.