Website BNY Mellon
2024 BNY Mellon Summer Internship Program – Wealth Management
Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world’s top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the “bank of banks” – 97% of the world’s top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 239 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we’re approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
We welcome you to apply! When applying to this general 2024 Internship Programs posting, our expert BNY Mellon Talent Acquisition Team may also review your resume for consideration across other open early career roles within the company.
We’re seeking a future team member for the role in the 2024 BNY Mellon Summer Internship Program – Wealth Management.
Summer Internship Program
BNY Mellon’s Summer Internship Program (SIP) provides high-potential students with a well-rounded, rewarding 10-week internship experience, as well as an inside look into what it is like to work for a global financial services organization that has been innovating and serving clients since 1784. With projects specifically chosen to both challenge and develop SIP participants, our summer interns will gain valuable real-world experiences working in Operations while learning to work together in collaborative teams and building a robust network within BNY Mellon.
From day one, summer interns are immersed in BNY Mellon’s innovative and dynamic company culture as they will receive:
- Enterprise-led intern orientation program combined with ongoing executive speaker series and virtual training curriculum designed specifically for summer interns
- Meaningful and challenging work assignments that deliver learning and skill development through practical work, mentorship, and training
- Career development and networking support from a host of corporate leaders including internship managers, senior mentors, peer mentors, business stakeholders and a dedicated program manager
- Exposure to different areas of business
- Comprehensive professional etiquette and financial services fundamentals training, along with technical and business acumen development
- Understanding of BNY Mellon’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A collaborative and supportive community with full commitment of top-level management to deliver a premier internship/talent pipeline program within the financial services industry
For more than two centuries, BNY Mellon Wealth Management has provided services to financially successful individuals and families, their family offices and business enterprises, planned giving programs, and endowments and foundations. It has $286 billion in total client assets as of June 30, 2023, and an extensive network of offices in the U.S. and internationally. BNY Mellon Wealth Management, which delivers leading wealth advice across investments, banking, custody, and wealth and estate planning, conducts business through various operating subsidiaries of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation. For more information, visit www.bnymellonwealth.com or follow us on Twitter @BNYMellonWealth.
In year’s past, we have placed interns in the following areas of Wealth Management:
- US Markets
- Private Banking
- Family Office
- Enrollment in a 4-year undergraduate degree program with a strong focus on business-related and/or technology-related majors preferred; however open to all majors with an individual interested in the financial services industry
- Individuals who will be graduating in December 2024 through August 2025
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Well-rounded and balanced background including demonstrated leadership abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Not require sponsorship for employment visa status (now or in the future) in the region where they apply.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here’s a few of our awards:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg’s Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Disability: IN – 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- CDP’s Climate Change ‘A List’
- Forbes Blockchain 50
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life’s journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
BNY Mellon assesses market data to ensure a competitive compensation package for our employees. The base salary for this position is expected to be between $41,600 and $90,000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis, including as to experience and market location, and is only part of the BNYM total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, change in geographic location, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.