This week, we’ve been in Dallas/Ft. Worth training our awesome TD Ameritrade volunteers on the tasty case study their be instructing. Our girls will be comparing to two very popular donut company’s stocks – Krispy Kreme and Dunkin Donuts.
We spent Wednesday and Thursday doing the training.
Our students at Byron Nelson High School will be looking at the differences in the Krispy Kreme and Dunkin Donuts stocks. Over the four weeks, they’ll be working in groups to researching and present a Google Slide presentation on which stock they think Jane (our fictional character who’s looking to invest) should invest in.
By the end of the classroom sessions, our girls will be able to do the following:
- Analyze a company’s decisions and in turn base their investment decisions based off of what they’ve read in their research.
- Hold a conversation about the articles they read.
- Debate with their group mates and pitch their ideas to the group – collaborate to make a cohesive argument.
Discuss their decision about where to invest Jane’s money in the large group setting.
- Work under time pressure.
- Evaluate the standing of a company and generate suggestions about the growth trajectories of each company and make an investment recommendation for Jane.
As you can imagine, all of this talk about donuts can make you hungry. We were! So what did we do? We headed to the Krispy Kreme store nearby and picked up some delicious donuts.
As you can see, we couldn’t resist getting some of the festive Halloween donuts that Krispy Kreme was offering.
So what sweet company do you think our girls will decide Jane should invest in? Will it be Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts?