Students Learn About Asset Management
Merrimack High School visits Fidelity Investments
WELCOME AND OFFICE TOUR
Students from Merrimack High School, located in New Hampshire, visited one of the thirteen U.S Fidelity Investments regional offices. There are over 5,000 employees at this office. Last year, our Dallas RTSWS students got to visit the Westlake, TX Fidelity campus.
The students were warmly welcomed by Fidelity Investments executives. They started the day hearing about Fidelity Investment’s internal initiatives to get more women into financial fields and then were whisked off to division tours and department huddles.
Office tours included visits to the:
- Bond and Money Market Trading Floor
- Work Solutions Site
The students then participated in a panel discussion about the various U.S. locations and divisions of Fidelity Investments, job opportunities, day in the life stories, college majors/minors and career paths.
Panelists included (l to r)
- Maura K. Cunningham, Founder of RTSWS (Moderator)
- Catriona Martin, Portfolio Manager, Fidelity Investments
- Lisa Magnuson, Manager, Diversity & Inclusion Programs, Fidelity Investments
- Kathleen McQuiggan, Wealth Advisor, Artemis Financial Advisors & CFP Board Special Advisor
3 Components to RTSWS Academic Year-Long Program
- Fall- Five classroom hands-on workshops led by female financial professionals
- Fall – Wall Street Experience Field Trip at the end of the fall semester
- Spring – Mentor/Protege program held during the spring semester, January through April
Special Advisor on Gender Diversity for the CFP Board, Kathleen McQuiggan, came up from Boston to share her career insights with our students
We are grateful to the CFP Board for promoting the skills based volunteer opportunities that RTSWS has across the thirteen U.S. cities we serve.