Website Van Eck Associates Corporation
Position: Data Group Intern
Legal Entity: IT
Business Unit(s): IT
Location: New York (preferred) or Tampa
Reporting to: Director, Data Solutions
FLSA Status (US Staff only): Non-Exempt Full Time Summer
VanEck is a privately held global asset management firm founded in 1955. We develop forwardlooking, intelligently designed, active and ETF strategies that strengthen long-term portfolios. We will provide qualified individuals with outstanding education and growth opportunities. If you are a high-energy individual with a strong work ethic, excellent team skills, and outstanding communication skills, we would like to speak with you.
VanEck’s Summer Intern Program includes exposure across the firm through educational, mentorship, and networking events. As an Intern, you will also be exposed to the firm’s senior management, gain an understanding of the financial services industry and learn critical business skills. Our internship program will build more than just your resume — it will challenge your knowledge, build your network and drive your career path. Our program spans 10 weeks and runs from June 3 – August 9. If you are looking to pursue a career in sales and looking to gain a valuable hands-on experience while working with talented individuals, apply now!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
• Database development
• Python API script writing
• Workflow management
• Documentation review
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Interest in finance and capital markets.
• Knowledge of SQL, PowerBI and python.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• A working knowledge of MS Word and Excel is required
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor Degree in computer science or information system
• Some experience within a corporate environment is helpful but not required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Professional demeanor
• Capacity for learning new procedures/ideas
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and employees of the organization.
• The maximum hourly rate for this position is $25 an hour.
VanEck is committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and to providing equal opportunity in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws. VanEck does not and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, ancestry, color, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, covered-veteran or military status, genetic information, and/or any other factor protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.