Website Van Eck Associates Corporation
Position: Corporate Accounting Summer Intern
Legal Entity: Van Eck Associates Corporation
Business Unit(s): VEAC
Location: New York, NY
Department: Corporate Accounting
Reporting to: Assistant Controller
FLSA Status (US Staff only): Non-Exempt Full Time Summer
VanEck is a privately held global asset management firm founded in 1955. We develop forward-looking, intelligently designed, active and ETF strategies that strengthen long-term portfolios. We will provide qualified individuals with outstanding education and growth opportunities. If you are a high-energy individual with a strong work ethic, excellent team skills, and outstanding communication skills, we would like to speak with you.
VanEck’s Summer Intern Program includes exposure across the firm through educational, mentorship, and networking events. As an Intern, you will also be exposed to the firm’s senior management, gain an understanding of the financial services industry and learn critical business skills. Our internship program will build more than just your resume — it will challenge your knowledge, build your network and drive your career path. Our program spans 10 weeks and typically runs from June 3 – August 9. If you are looking to gain valuable hands-on experience while working with talented individuals, apply now!
The US corporate accounting team is comprised of the CFO, Controller, Assistant Controller, 3 Corporate Accountants, Accounts Payable Manager, and 2 Accounts Payable Specialists. The corporate accounting team is responsible for preparing, maintaining, and reviewing the company’s financials in accordance with US GAAP. As a Corporate Accounting Summer Intern, you will be able to observe and take part in key financial processes which govern the company’s financial statements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
• Assistance with building out Van Eck’s internal financial reporting and financial modeling framework.
• Assistance with month-end general ledger closings and related deliverables.
• Assistance with the preparation of work papers supporting the month end close.
• Assistance with accounts payable. This includes reviewing invoices, initiating journal entries and preparation of disbursements.
• Perform ad hoc projects and other related duties as necessary.
• Accounting or Finance major.
• Interest in managerial accounting.
•Good communication skills.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• A working knowledge of Internet, MS Word and Excel.
• Roll up your sleeve work ethic.
• Professional demeanor.
Education and/or Experience
• Currently entering junior level (3rd year) or beyond within a 4 year college program.
• Some experience within a corporate environment is helpful but not required.
To perform successfully and gain the most from this internship, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Professional demeanor
• Capacity for learning new procedures/ideas
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• The maximum hourly rate for this position is $25 an hour
VanEck is committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and to providing equal opportunity in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws. VanEck does not and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, ancestry, color, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, covered-veteran or military status, genetic information, and/or any other factor protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.