Baird is a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work for the past 20 years.
In a dynamic environment, the FP&A-GIB/PI team monitors the financial performance of Baird’s GIB and PI businesses. By using key metrics and operating results, the team provides financial analysis and advice to assist with operating and strategic decisions. In addition to current results, FP&A prepares forward looking information including the budget to illustrate future trends in the business. The team works with other Baird departments gathering information to evaluate trends and business opportunities. FP&A has extensive interaction with senior leadership and the Finance Reporting Team, as well as several other teams supporting these business units. We’re not just crunching numbers; we’re creating strategic insights that pave the way for innovation and growth.
As a Sr. FP&A Analyst, your responsibilities will include
- Business Unit Reporting and Analysis: Collaborate in the analysis of business unit performance, financial models, and creating ad-hoc reports to support strategic initiatives.
- Ensure the integrity of internal historical financial and operational data.
- Review and present key client metrics and business management reports developed by the team.
- Actively engage as the initial point of contact for client questions/inquiries.
Financial Close: Participate in the monthly close process through communication of variances, key operating metrics, highlights, and financial performance to the finance reporting team. Generate system reports and analyze revenue and expenses to prepare financial schedules and key highlight summaries for internal financial review meetings. Prepare executive summary and charts for the executive close packet.
Budgeting: Assist with the annual budgeting process by collaborating closely with business units and finance partners. This involves compiling key assumptions for revenue, personnel, outside vendors, and business initiatives to develop client budgets. Review budget and client deliverables prepared by the team and take the lead presenting materials to the client.
Special Projects: Actively participate in or lead key team-wide or department-wide initiatives to improve overall performance and support strategic initiatives.
Team Management/Development: Opportunity to develop interns through training, career guidance, and performance management. Responsible for training teammates as needed.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Finance or Accounting preferred) with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Series 7 licensing is beneficial, but not required.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and reliability with a drive for continuous process improvement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work effectively as a team player.
- Produces high quality, timely and accurate work output.
- Anticipates client needs and provides superior service.
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage priorities independently, complete multiple concurrent responsibilities, proactively communicate and take initiative.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to take ownership as needed with a desire for continual learning.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with an emphasis on Excel, and experience with Workday Adaptive, Power BI, Power Automate, and/or Alteryx is beneficial.
Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
Baird is committed to inclusion & diversity for our clients, our associates and the communities where we live and work. This commitment stems from our culture of integrity, genuine concern for others and respect for the individual. We view inclusion & diversity as an ongoing journey – one of shared responsibility, continuous improvement and a focus on progress. We invite you to join us as we work together to foster an environment where diversity unites rather than divides us. Learn more here.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.